Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pissing Branch

Huckleberry Finn

Yesterday I noticed that the woods I was going to be hunting today had 1 branch along the whole edge of the field that extended into a cut CRP field. I forgot to piss under the branch on the way out. This morning when I left I did and then again when re-entering this afternoon. Had a buck cruising through the woods - until he hit that spot and he stopped on a dime and did the same thing.

I told this story to my dad and he thought I was nuts...but I thought I had read that somewhere on here.

Am I the only one that likes to freshen up potential scrapes myself?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Did that this evening to the one that was started right behind my pasture stand. I unknowingly started that scrape last year when I stopped to take a leak before climbing up into the tree. The deer took it over last year and they started it back up again on their own this year in the exact same spot so I left my scent there this evening ;)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been pissing in scrapes for years. The only time I don't is early when my piss is extra rank. But once I have flushed the pipes a couple of times, I have no worries about it. I have several pics of big bucks in scrapes where I was the last thing to piss in it...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've heard of guys taking used tampons to the woods. That's going a little TOO far for me!

Back in the early 90's I hunted a property that had an area that another guy had them hanging on a tree like Xmas ornaments!!!! Yeah I stayed off of that section of farm.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I do the same. And to think back in the 80-90's myself and the guys in the know I hunted with carried a plastic bottle to use. If we would only have known then what we know today.