Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio deer hunting help

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck and be safe. Northern Ohio didn't get as much ice and snow as SW Ohio. But it's going to be colder than billy hell out.

Azhunter37

Tucson, AZ
You aint kidding it is a little colder than Tucson is right now! I actually will be good as long as the wind doesnt blow! Any last minute advice I am headed out tomorrow morning some time, hopefully the roads aren't too icy!

Azhunter37

Tucson, AZ
You aint kidding it is a little colder than Tucson is right now! I actually will be good as long as the wind doesnt blow! Any last minute advice I am headed out tomorrow morning some time, hopefully the roads aren't too icy!

Azhunter37

Tucson, AZ

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Aim small, miss small. Best of luck and enjoy your Ohio hunting. No real advice. Just enjoy it. Any opportunities you have will be one more than if you didn't hunt. No pressure on yourself. Just enjoy it!

Shoulder Blade

The gun pressure around the marsh is not significant enuf to "drive" deer there. However the deer that live near there are probably not as skittish as the small fork horn I saw on the AEP Monday afternoon. Also I can bet you most of those marsh deer are spending a lot of time eating at backyard corn feeders and less in the old orchard.

Azhunter37

Tucson, AZ
Well day one was interesting, I saw tons of sign, lots of tracks in the snow, the cold wasn't too bad I was prepared for that however the wind was ridiculous cold lol. I did not see a single deer, just lots of turkeys probably 100 or so in the day, too bad turkey season closed. I am hunting again tomorrow just have to find out where I am headed. Not sure if I will try the marsh again

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you're seeing turkeys and deer tracks, you are probably close to the right area. Turkey and deer spend a good deal of time in the same areas this time of year...where there is FOOD. Good luck, I'll enjoy watching your posts!

Shoulder Blade

Well day one was interesting, I saw tons of sign, lots of tracks in the snow, the cold wasn't too bad I was prepared for that however the wind was ridiculous cold lol. I did not see a single deer, just lots of turkeys probably 100 or so in the day, too bad turkey season closed. I am hunting again tomorrow just have to find out where I am headed. Not sure if I will try the marsh again

That's pretty much all I see at my buddys house out there, tracks.

Azhunter37

Tucson, AZ
Hunted West Branch today again no deer, but today I didn't even see Turkeys. I saw one squirrel and one owl, and TONS of tracks of hunters I would assume from gun season last week. Headed back to Auburn Marsh tomorrow morning for a half day of hunting. I froze my ever lovin tail off this morning in the wind! It was impossible to move today without making a ton of noise because of the frozen snow. Tomorrow is my last day in the field so I am hoping for a good morning, if no luck it has been a learning experience. I have learned I love my binos on a tall hill and cool morning lookin down over some desert muleys lol. I will certainly be back again in a better time of the year. This Arizona boy is not gonna let the deer win!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck in the morning. Hope you see a deer or two. I give you an A+ for hunting in this nasty weather.

Couldn't agree more. Would be pretty cool to see you come in and have some success filling a tag. If not, I hope you find it challenging/different enough than what you are used to, and choose to try it again next year. Stick around and keep us posted on your AZ hunts. Good luck today. Stay warm!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Yes when its this cold its hard to find your willy when you got to take a leak, once you do find it you got to play with it for a minute to warm it up so its long enough to make it through the zipper holes. :eek: