Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

All work and no play+ new to me land access advice

Hey folks,I have been working 45-65 hours a week since April and have had little to no free time..I have a wife an 3 kids,so I am still figuring how to manage my new shift,hours,hunting and family time..Needless to say I didn't get any cameras out this year an I have only made it out for a few hours to hunt once..

As many of you know I shot RH vertical bow and had to wear a eye patch to do so..After much debate I decided this year to ditch the fuggn patch an go LH for everything except pistol shooting..Knowing I would be lacking time to learn a Compound or recurve etc LH before season,I opted to sell all my RH bow stuff an buy a Higher end Crossbow setup..This would allow me to hunt this fall an help the transition to shooting long guns left-handed....After buying some arrows that are made,tested an built to just about the tightest tolerances I could find an tipping them with Slick Trick magnums..I have to say this thing is shooting better then I could have ever imagined..Its still awkward to carry an hold in the woods and I am not used to it compared to my Old Compound..But when it gets shouldered it feels balanced,I love using my dominate eye and having a great sight picture both eyes open,its fast(444grains @ about 350-355fps through the chrono)...Most of all I feel very confidence in its accuracy with this arrow and broadhead...Sorry to ramble,but now for the fun stuff ..

I gained access to a place and wondered if anyone saw anything on this snapshot of Google earth that stick out to them....This is my 5th season deer hunting and I am batting a 0.000 so any input from you guys will most likley be good input...I have a few cams at my disposal but I am unsure about placement with this new property

Thanks in advance,
Nick

A better view or surrounding lands

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck. No expert here but. I sorta like the 2 pinch points where your area woods connects that large wooded area on the right side. If I was new to the area that's the first 2 places I would look.
The top pinch point above what appears to be a open field. Then the other wider wooded area on the bottom of that open field.
I hope this helps. Maybe someone else will jump in here to help.

Diablo54

Outside
Can't tell much without walking. But that pinch on top right corner connecting to the big woods looks good to me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm with Taylor, just concentrate on the pinch points for now but you need to make time to walk it Nick. Area views and topos are great but nothing beats scouting and finding sign and setting up on it. I'm huge on pinch points because they get you close to the deer and are killer sets during the rut. Good luck!