Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2013 - 2014 TOO Deer Contest Leaderboard

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Did any of it have to do with shrinkage? Quit laughing! You know what I mean.
YKW?!?!?

No, it was pretty chilly outside up there but once I got inside the Bricker building it was pretty toasty in there, prolly having all those people walking around in there had something to do with it......ROTFLMAO....YKW

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Always hoping to gain that extra 4.5 inches huh Ric? :D

Lol Chad, it doesn't hurt! Hahaha

Seriously though, in our contest it ask for the longest tine measurement. I measured what I thought was the longest typical tine and came up with 16.5"(turkey foot tine), they measured it at 17.5" but as an abnormal tine. Soooooo, scoring him in our contest using his longest typical tine(12.5") he scores 92.5" but using the measurement of the long abnormal tine(turkey foot=17.5) he scores 97.75. So either way my 96" was wrong. Just wanted to mention it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very funny stuff guys! Having him officially scored at the show really belittled his character....lmao

YKW

Bull crap. His score did nothing other than to show another example of how a score can be meaningless. Character was a mature pig. Hats off to you Ric.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ric that is a great deer you got and gross score is all I care about as it lets you know what they really are carrying around.Have seen a lot of deer gross high only to be crapped on with net. A lot of the locals I met in Saskatchewan Canada only care about the gross score as that just lets them know what they really carry around and they see a lot of big bucks up there. great deer you got there.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Brian and Adam. The memories these remarkable animals help us make are far more important and meaningful than these numbers anyway.Even though a higher number is indicative of a deers age or rack size it's how things unfold from the preparation your season till you're filling out that tag and everything in between that fuels our passion and drives us out of bed on cold mornings.