Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio 2013 Rut Report.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Found the rut E bound on 70 today...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383337863.022098.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Buddy of mine is hunting killbuck area Holmes county, said him and his friend jumped 2 bucks with does. One was a nice 8-10 point

Gordo

Athens County
I drove back roads for a good hour and half before dark. Saw somewhere in the ball park of 130 deer. No doggin or anything going on. Didnt even see any little guys in seek mode

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Getting a late start but going to try to spend most of the day in the woods today and tomarrow. Can handle some little showers but if it down pours i'm out of there!!! Did see some fresh sign friday afternoon so that was good.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Seen two 1.5 yr bucks just cruising this morning could've killed them both. One at 855 and two yearlings at 910 and the second buck was at 935 . I think the little guys are in the search mode it won't be long around here.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
First scrapes popped up last week right on time in an area that always has them. Rubs are being hit harder. No cruising bucks or jittery does this morning. No increase in roadkill or lone bucks where they shouldn't be. Still early but I think right on time here around springfield.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw one little buck dogging a doe. That ended when a much nicer buck showed up to take over. I thought I was going to get a shot, but she turned and he followed. Saw another buck cross a cut cornfield following a lone doe, but he wasn't really hot on her trail. Its heating up, but not quite on fire just yet. My guess is in the next few days things will continue to escalate. Right on schedule.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I saw 3 road kill deer on the 15 minute drive to my spot. Saw nothing while on stand. Had to quit early today and on way home about 10:30am saw a big 8 pt buck crossing a big field in a no hunting area.