Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio 2013 Rut Report.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That nice 8 point that I missed on sunday IMO was heading to the bedding area of some does. There is a group of does that bed down in a 3 acre crp field behind the woods that I hunt and I'm positive that's where he was heading, I watched him go in the woods the night before TOO. When I saw him he looked whipped, tongue hanging out and everything.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I don't see anything wrong with being "that guy" as long as its done legally. IMO I'd rather have that buck on the wall than rotting on the road. At least something good would come out of it.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Living close to I-280 we always here of big deer getting hit but never get to see them. The local police have a list that you can get on and when one gets hit they go down the list until they find someone that will claim it. They write you out a slip and your good to go. I have not seen any kind of rut starting yet around here. Two small scrapes and no rubs. Still most of the corn is still up and with this rain it could be a while before it comes down.

epe

Lancaster
I hunt a lot of fairfield as well. Just now seeing the rubs pop up. You ever hunt around the lancaster amanda area

I wish. Lol.. I live in Lancaster and can't find anywhere local. The farm I picked up is around the Canal Winchester area.

Shoulder Blade

Beachwood ohio:

Driving home to hut I saw a 150" 8pt panting while standing on a sidewalk.

Small buck chasing a few does.

Sitting quietly in my blind.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck to anyone hunting in this brutal weather! Great place to be tonight is a blind near a food source or bedding area!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I only work 3 of the next 35 days. Hope to be able to contribute whats going on in the Southeastern part of the state. I'm guessing the time to be in the stand will be the 15th-17th....the 3 days I work.

Let the games begin!

Big H

Medina
It is a grainy pic, rain and cell phone pic. Look close and you will see the doe. This is NE Ohio.

Attachments

• Parma Buck.jpg
    Parma Buck.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 100

epe

Lancaster
Went and hung a stand tonight in the nasty weather to keep my scent down. Was a lone big doe in the field edge by my stand location. Only deer I saw today in 90 miles of driving in Fairfield and Franklin counties...