Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio 2013 Rut Report.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hunt in Clinton county, last two sits I have seen 2 bucks, Watched one make a scrape, grunted at him he ran to about 40 yards from me but no shot, Hunted last night seen two does, no bucks. Have not witnessed any any chasing yet.

I'm right next door to you on the WSW here in Warren county haven't seen the first sign of rutting yet. Just one small scrape,a few tiny rubs and no bucks seeking or chasing. Saw a slew of deer off the road on my way home this early morning but didn't see any antlers. The scrapes that are used every year haven't been opened up yet either. Very odd....

epe

Lancaster
Just got a new place to hunt, more urban farm fields. Saw this and several scrapes. Swear I heard a buck grunt. Fairfield county..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383174934050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383174934050.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 150

Got One

Im in N/E Ohio and drive all day. Monday thru today I've seen 11 bucks chasing does 3 of them were 140"plus. All activity was from first light till noonish. Those frosted mornings got them going.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Jackson county- small bucks getting a little ramped up, scrapes starting to appear and get worked a lot, I agree with Jesse, next 3-4 days will put a damper on things but after that when the temps drop things should start getting real good. I'd also say to hunt those scrapes the next few days after the rain, bucks like to freshen them back up then.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Im in N/E Ohio and drive all day. Monday thru today I've seen 11 bucks chasing does 3 of them were 140"plus. All activity was from first light till noonish. Those frosted mornings got them going.

Where at are you reporting from in NE Ohio? I'm in Stark County.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Im in Hancock county. Tuesday evening I watched 3 smaller bucks running 2 does to death. In the past few days Ive about hit several studs with my car to ad from work. Buddy saw a bi 8pt work several scrapes this morning before heading right under another of my stands into a thicket

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

When you coming this way?

I'm seeing an increase road kills. I'll log 1K miles this week on the road all over eastern Ohio and WV, so if anything is kicking, I should see some signs of it.

Cassley

Just got a new place to hunt, more urban farm fields. Saw this and several scrapes. Swear I heard a buck grunt. Fairfield county..

I hunt a lot of fairfield as well. Just now seeing the rubs pop up. You ever hunt around the lancaster amanda area