Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer poop

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bet this thread title gets some looks. lmao

Seriously though, I found the mother of all deer poop loads today. Was doing some scouting on the way back from the stand this morning. Just about stepped on this. Glad I didn't. I coulda turned an ankle. Am I seeing things? Have never seen deer dung so big in my life. Literally the size of a pop can. Who here is the deer poop expert? Only crops on in vicinity is corn. Plenty of acorns down but they remain untouched it seems. Can we determine buck or doe from the size? Just about has to be a large deer or a deer that is walking funny now. I believe the deer myth busters have stated before on TOO the pellets versus "grenades" does NOT determine buck or doe. Curious if the size can help determine? The pile of pellets was a large quantity as well. It was within a couple feet of the grenades.

I also saw some impressive tracks close by. The tracks just about have to be from a buck given the size.

Sorry for posting poop pictures. Just blown away at the size. Needed some expert opinions.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
WOW! Now that's some s--t!!! Grenade turds that size usually mean big buck, never seen s--t that big though! Set a camera up there Phil!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Best way to tell if it is a buck or doe is to taste it. If it tastes like shit, it was most likely a buck, or even a doe. Next time you are in doubt, take a big old bite and let us know!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Next time by Phil count them
.... Even #'s doe odd #'s bucks..... It's true I read it on the intranet......

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did you check your center serving for deer poo after you picked your Spyder up?

No but I licked off my kisser button after reading Fluteman's suggestion. I think it was a buck. lmao

Anyone with serious input? Any correlation between size and gender? Or does it just mean it was a bigger bodied deer? Or just a constipated deer? Have never seen anything like it. Crazy.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
What I did read once is poo stuck together in clumps, means the deer just got up from sleeping or a nap. Extra large clumps is old doe or buck usually.

I believe J is right with the even numbers doe odd numbers buck.....Cause I heard it on the CB Radio once....rotflmao

Lundy

So I'm guessing your guys poop stays the same everyday of the year and someone could look at it and know that it's you?:)