Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Craigslist deer hunting ?

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Just saw a craigslist add of a guy offering guided hunts for $100 just for his time....some of it on his own land but he also said on public land....is it legal to guide a hunt on public land and get paid for it?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
It might be worth it if you were going to an unfamiliar area and only had a short amount of time. Having someone that is familiar with the place can really shorten the learning curve.

My thought would be that the guy is just gonna set you up in any old spot and take your money anyway. Or he will intentionally take you to places where there aren't deer and keep you away from the spots he hunts himself

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heck when it comes too public land hunting I can be an outfitter and show them plenty of sign and where too hang a stand and they can sit there all day long and not see a shooter deer because they're all nocturnal lol.... @ a 100.00 a pop lol....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gee on the other hand he maybe the best guide in the country. If he's OK a 100.00 tax free per day isn't bad wages to have fun especially if he has couple guys per day. Never know.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I have no need to ever consider anyhing like this, but there is a sucker out there somewhere that will lose $100...just seemed laughable when i first saw it...at least he is trying to think outside the box about his unemployment...just doubt his intentions is all

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He won't last long. The problem with selling guided hunts on public land is you can only show one person. After that he'll be back without the fee. And the next year he'll bring friends. You'll run out of spots quick.