Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Light tree stands...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Looking for a list of light hang on's that won't break the bank. Gorilla made a nice one but seems they have gotten out of the treestand business and are only doing accessories and harnesses now.

Huckleberry Finn

I did a quick google search and found this, which highlights what I was looking for. There ought to be an industry buyer guide that you can sort by weight and price. This one can sort by one or the other but lacks some information and only has 17 stands:
http://keystohunting.com/treestand-buying-guide/

I was doing some research on light stands last year and found that there are some super light ones (under 12 pounds I believe) but then they are also at a 200 pound maximum weight. So watch out for that.

One of the lightest (15 pounds) and cheapest ($60) would be the Big Game Boss Lite stand. Rated at 300 pounds with a 20x27 platform. They look like your standard Big Game stand.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I did a quick google search and found this, which highlights what I was looking for. There ought to be an industry buyer guide that you can sort by weight and price. This one can sort by one or the other but lacks some information and only has 17 stands:
http://keystohunting.com/treestand-buying-guide/

I was doing some research on light stands last year and found that there are some super light ones (under 12 pounds I believe) but then they are also at a 200 pound maximum weight. So watch out for that.

One of the lightest (15 pounds) and cheapest ($60) would be the Big Game Boss Lite stand. Rated at 300 pounds with a 20x27 platform. They look like your standard Big Game stand.

I am looking for around 10 pounds. The Millennium is 17 and I want one for long treks.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Freakin Dicks has a Field and Stream Cyclone which is perfect for what I am looking for. I don't wanna give them any more money. I caved and purchased a dove Mojo from them.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Anyone have a Gorilla Scout HX they wanna sell?

That's the stand I got for Xmas last year. By far the most comfortable and quietest stand I've sat in. 300 bucks and it's yours Beener. (Remember the price went up as soon as I sat in it. I'll even autograph it for you)

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Walmart has the Bone Collector (puke) Ameristep which looks like the same thing for $129. It is in the running.

I've got one. It's very comfortable, big platform. Don't bother putting the shooting rail on it, you'll just want to take it back off. Only problem I have with it is where it's located, lol. That is the stand i would prefer to be in for an all dayer, but it is in a spot that isn't getting much action this year.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
used lone wolf hand climber? I got one for like 250 maybe, a few years back, its a nice stand! Super lite, I think its 11lbs.