Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

All day sit...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I will start doing all day sits this weekend. Most likley out for a quick a bite then back in the stand. Next weekend will be get in and not leave till dark.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I won't start sitting all day until the 8th. I'm hunting 11/8-11/11, 11/13, 11/15-11/18, 11/22-11/24, and 11/28-11/30 with my bow and most of those days will be all day sits unless it gets warm...

Gordo

Athens County
I'll wait for those couple hunts when the action is that good. Doesnt mean i wont hunt all day regardless.

Rut always seems like feast or famine for me. Sometimes its good to change stands/properties over the course of the day. One place can be dead, when a couple miles down the road can be on fire.

Man its fun when ya find it. I'm getting fired up

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Same as Jesse. I am off the 9th-11th and trying to extend it to cover the 12th and 13th as well. I will make an all day sit on one of these days if I see a reason too. Other then that I will stick to mornings and evening sits.

teej89

NE PA
November 9-17th i'll be sitting all day, maybe november first and second also. I love all day sits, especially when it's like 1:30 and you're drowsy as hell then you suddenly see a doe busting thru your area being pushed by a buck. Always gets the pulse going again haha

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yep, I generally enjoy the all dayers...if the weather is right and I see movement. If staring a leaves more than two days is enough to make me a little twitchy.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just set all day and I don't want a deer that bad either. I just enjoy it as long as I'm comfortable.

I cannot stay comfortable on all day sits. The deer I killed on 04 was during an all day sit that I didn't plan on doing. Nothing to drink, eat...nothing. I had been seeing a lot of deer but on this day, I saw nothing in the morning, so I stayed. My wife and a buddy called me as they figured I'd died or something. I told them both I was staying until I killed a good one. I did, at 3:40 pm, and hadn't seen a deer until 3. I called my buddy and told him to get me a Pepsi ready as I had something to show him and I was thirsty enough to spit a T-shirt. :) There must be something wrong with me because I just can't take the boredom of staring at leaves for an entire day on most days.

Jamie

Ohio
all day sits are not easy unless you are seeing deer and comfortable. I take a book to read, some food, water, extry can of chew. I don't do it very often, but I'm almost always prepared to stay in a stand all day, just in case Bullwinkle lays down 30 yards from me at 11 in the morning.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My plan is to go out this weekend and sit the morning stand till early afternoon, if i dont see anything i'll climb down and move to an evening stand. All day sits in the same tree are tough, and I can see why some guys don't want to do it. The all dayers will start on the 2nd and the 3rd, depending on where i see movement this weekend. i also have the 15th through the 18th scheduled off and will sit all 4 days if need be.

I definitely take water and snacks with me on all dayers. peanut butter sammiches and fruit typically provide enough "energy" to keep my eyes open.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Yea, Peanut Butter and jelly sammiches are a must. It's looking like harvest will be winding down by the end of next week. So sometime within the first week or 2 of November, I'll take half days. My boss will let me work 11-3 or whatever 4 hours I want so I can hunt, as long as we're not too busy with grain. then on the weekends it's all day for me. I may make a move to different stands but im out somewhere

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I don't think I could sit in a treestand all day. But I generally stay out all day hunting on the ground.....around the middle of the day I'll get up and stillhunt around a little bit for an hour or two....then when I get back to my setup I'm usually ready for a little nap before the evening watch begins.

Treed

Stark County
I'll be sitting my first all day sits Saturday and Sunday. As long as I'm fairly warm and dry, I'm all over it. There isn't a whole lot I like more.