Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Fall/Winter trailcam pic's

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Very cool sequence Brian! I'd be so tempted to set that camera in video mode. That scrape is kick ass getting hit!
Hey Ric i might switch it to video the next time i hunt that stand.It is amazing how much they are hitting it.I always have good luck with my mock scrapes.Their is only one lure company that i will use and it is JVs scents.I have been using it since the late 80s and have had great results with it .I have killed some really nice bucks with their nose in this lure.Have tried some other brands over the years and have never had the results that i have with JVS.I use the wallhanger gel on the limbs and scrape gel in the scrapes.I have passed up 3 descent bucks already at this scrape this season and several smaller bucks.Should be a good stand when the big boys start more daytime movement.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Could you post a link for JV scents boarhead? I'd appreciate it, actually I think I just found it. Is it James Valley Company?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey Ric i might switch it to video the next time i hunt that stand.It is amazing how much they are hitting it.I always have good luck with my mock scrapes.Their is only one lure company that i will use and it is JVs scents.I have been using it since the late 80s and have had great results with it .I have killed some really nice bucks with their nose in this lure.Have tried some other brands over the years and have never had the results that i have with JVS.I use the wallhanger gel on the limbs and scrape gel in the scrapes.I have passed up 3 descent bucks already at this scrape this season and several smaller bucks.Should be a good stand when the big boys start more daytime movement.

Thats awesome Brian! I need to get me some! Thanks!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpYOiUnMPM.jpgphpC3vCXQPM.jpgphpTMc9qlPM.jpgphpwOvThQPM.jpgphpKQjktbPM.jpgphp3xpsAWPM.jpgphp3RYLDJPM.jpgphp93hikUPM.jpgPulled a couple cards the other day just got time to post them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Brian! That's a pretty active scrape you have there! Seems like every swingin dick is using it! Gotta love the daytime pics!

Great haul BTW!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang Brian! That's a pretty active scrape you have there! Seems like every swingin dick is using it! Gotta love the daytime pics!

Great haul BTW!
Thank's Ric,It is actually 2 scrapes on the same farm.Like i said if you want to get them going good get you some JVS wallhanger or scrape gel.Try some next year if you get a chance.I have had great results for over 25 years.Have even used it early and had bucks still in velvet hitting this stuff.Got in the stand the other morning and put a little on some branches and had a buck downwind at 80 yds and he hit that and came right in.But chalk another one up to the scent smoker also as he never smelled me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
OH MY GOSH! Whatever happened to that monster Brian?

I will be getting me some of that JVS for sure! Thanks for sharing! Proof is in the pudding!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
OH MY GOSH! Whatever happened to that monster Brian?

I will be getting me some of that JVS for sure! Thanks for sharing! Proof is in the pudding!
Ric he was shot the first day of gun season on a neighboring farm.Guy did'nt even know what he had.Was chasing a doe and all he wanted was some meat.They said his friends had to talk him into getting it mounted.Ugh.Grossed around 190.Sad thing that year i shot and hit a twig and hit him in the shoulder on October 10th.Think i posted him in past deer thread and had the date wrong.The date was actually 10-10-10 when i hit him.Had a couple more encounters with him but was'nt to be.We called him Crazy Rack.One of the most unique racks have ever seen.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I might need to try that as well. Tried some Smokey's Orbital Gland Lure two seasons ago and was not impressed.
Jessie i have been making mock scrapes for many years and have tried most every brand against JVS and none compare.Tried some smokeys when it came around and made two mock scrapes One with JVS and the other with Smokeys and which one do you think they hit the most.Never had any luck with Smokeys either.Pretty much dont even waste my time on any other brands anymore.Like Ric just said the proof is in the pudding.I will say if you guys get some get the gel i really prefer it over liquid and it lasts alot longer.Put some on the bottom side of overhanging branches and it lasts longer in the rain also.Remember just because November comes to an end doesnt mean the bucks stop working scrapes.I will keep them freshened up right through the late season.