Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds 2014

When to hit Strouds...

• Early Muzzleloader

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Weekend after Muzzy

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Whenever is good for me...

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Don't matter what October weekend you picked, I'd be there.
My druthers would be the muzzy weekend though if it happens again -

(ain't no damned deer in the woods anyway - gotta changeup the gameplan next year)

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I can't really vote because I'm not sure what will be going on again with the boys and football, but if I had to pick I'd probably choose the muzzy weekend again just to see some deer in camp. Doesn't sound like anybody missed opportunities on good bucks this past weekend.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm good with whatever, enjoyed both. This year we killed 7 with fewer actually out hunting (I think), last year we killed 5. It makes no difference to me if we actually kill anything or not. I would show up with a shotgun and 22 if we decided to do a squirrel hunt...and I'm not kidding, we could fill a pickup truck with squirrels, send the tails to Mepps and pay for the trip. :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I say next year we find one of these deer hating farmers around Athens. Throw 20 bucks each his way for the weekend lease. Pre bait the hell out of the place and kill them like mad. We could even find a place with an available acre for camping. We could bait and use quads for deer retrieval. And if we get down in the flats it's fat boy friendly.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I say we just switch it to the real Muzzleloader season. Everyone has fresh vacation (start of new year), it's cold (no bugs, no 80* weather), a little snow on the ground (great visibility), hot fire is even better, cabins with heaters........real gun season!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I'm good with whatever, enjoyed both. This year we killed 7 with fewer actually out hunting (I think), last year we killed 5. It makes no difference to me if we actually kill anything or not. I would show up with a shotgun and 22 if we decided to do a squirrel hunt...and I'm not kidding, we could fill a pickup truck with squirrels, send the tails to Mepps and pay for the trip. :)

Actually looking back out of all the deer killed both years there has only been 3 that wasn't killed off of Rexs land.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I like this idea, but is there enough cabin space?

I'm a sucker for winter.
17157_770987507814_3385088_n.jpg
17157_770987502824_1222536_n.jpg