Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mike T's feedback

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No, that was North Dakota. WI gets snow, but the southern region I believe he was talking about is no worse than we get here, really.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I think it was a great trade off for the "bonus" gun weekend. I hope we keep it if it means we do not get back the "bonus" weekend.

My fear is that this early muzzleloader season was step one. Then the results roll in and the numbers aren't what they were expected to be, or wanted them to be. Now on to step two... Well, more people have shotguns than muzzleloaders so let's change it to the early bonus gun weekend instead.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My fear is that this early muzzleloader season was step one. Then the results roll in and the numbers aren't what they were expected to be, or wanted them to be. Now on to step two... Well, more people have shotguns than muzzleloaders so let's change it to the early bonus gun weekend instead.

Same fears here.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He actually said he is looking at reducing gun days to get more people out in the woods. The theory being if you only have a short season, you are going to be out there. More people in the woods keeps deer on the move and therefore easier to shoot. Think about this, Monday was always the big day, followed closely by Saturday and Tuesday being the third highest when we had a 6 day season. I don't know how that all works now, but I bet there are far fewer people in the woods now by Tuesday than ever before. Why would you take off work with so many weekend days available? Killing a deer on Tuesday of gun season would take some lightly hunted ground, or a skilled still hunter. Deer on pressured ground aren't going to move on their own very far during daylight without other hunters for motivation.