Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone watch "Primal Instinct"???

runhunter

The other night, I stopped to watch a few minutes of a PA hunt on a show called "Primal Instinct". Scott Sciarra, or something like that, one of the hosts, ends up taking a 30 yard shot on a deer that was quartering TOO pretty hard... he hits the deer mid body, then turns to the camera and tells you he smoked him, or put a good shot on...something along those lines. Either way, these shows are 90% shit and the strokers they get to host them make we not even want to watch anymore. This is to piggy back on the shoulder shot thread... just tired of seeing arrows sticking out after 6" of penetration, guys taking bad shots etc.

Nothing worse than a terrible shot, from a terrible angle, and when it still comes up roses, they still act as if they did everything right. Be the first and last 10 minutes of that shit show I ever watch.

deerslayer1985

I know the guy who runs the show scottie. He is really good friends with my cousin who is from Pa.....He is a hell of a hunter, and knows his stuff. Not sure about some of the people who hunt on his show, but he works his ass of for that show.....I mean he puts down big money, and constantly working on ground to improve the deer, so He'll have good ones for the show. The show doesn't show the full picture of what goes into it. My Dad helped with food plots a few years back on there lease in Ohio....

runhunter

Im not saying he doesn't work hard, or put in a lot of his money, sweat, and time to try and improve the show. And just because he is on TV doesn't mean he knows any more than any of us. I see what is shown on TV, because that's all Im offered, and I base my opinions on that. He could be Johnny Great Guy, and rescue homeless kittens from the mouths or rabid dogs on his days off. Problem is, I don't enjoy watching a "professional" take a terrible shot, then, then try to sell me the deer was smoked or that he hit him right where he wanted to. That's the same type of hunter you meet that tells you he's never missed a deer in his life. If you want to take bad shots, that's on you, you have to live with it, but I don't want to or need to see it on TV...especially from a "pro". Plain and simple. Last time I watch that show.

deerslayer1985

I didn't catch the show you are talking about, but was scottie the one who shot? I don't picture him making a bad shot and pretending its good. Thats why I said not sure about the other people on his show. I figured it was someone else. What I was getting at came out wrong. I meant he works his butt off, and puts in his money to make the show happen.....and if one of the other hunters makes a bad shot and says its smoked......Well that doesn't reflect the total picture behind the show....He has soo much money and time in the show he has to have a certain amount of kills....So sometimes yes shows get fudged up with hunters who are dumb.....