Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The "Big 6" from 2.5 to 4.5

buckstar25

T-county
Yes he has been a regular since 2011!! He is using the only PC of property I can't hunt. I have 2 stands set-up strictly based on where my best chance of catching him are. He is very smart and very protected.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Love the mass on this ancient warriors rack and neck. Friggin huge body as well. Great example of a "they don't get big and gnarly by being stupid" kinda buck. If and when you do kill him it will be one rewarding and very deserving accomplishment! You have a shit ton of history with him! Good luck

buckstar25

T-county
I found what I think is one of his scrapes and hung a camera on it. If I catch him cruising its gonna be the week of our vacation and I have 2 set-up that I think will give me the best chance and one "out of the box" idea.

I don't put too much stock into the history thing, however, this deer has proven over the years that no matter how much you think you've got figured out, a whitetail will always be 5 steps ahead of you. As pressured an area as he uses, it is amazing that he has made it to this age. Poaching is a big problem, multiple properties with groups of hunters on them, and he is always there when we are not. He is a classic example of deer patterning us. I can't wait to see what the next card has on it. My vacation can't get here soon enough!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've hunted a lot of deer I had history with and like you said, they always find a way to bob when you expected them to weave. Good luck with him. He's a true trophy!

buckstar25

T-county
Best picture yet! I have almost conceited defeat to this animal. I put over 60 hours in waiting for a chance. I had my chance but a completely different and bigger buck, but this dude is just flat out awesome!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416537256192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416537256192.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 95

doublej

But wait..I thought if they didn't have brow tines when young they never would and needed to be culled? haha
I've hunted some "Highly Managed" places that would say shoot every spike you seen and every deer that doesn't have brow tines cause they will never be anything... Here's more proof that school of thinking is wrong!
Sorry for the off topic, definitely don't want to start that debate haha but just had to say it.

Beautiful buck, I hope you stick him!

buckstar25

T-county
But wait..I thought if they didn't have brow tines when young they never would and needed to be culled? haha
I've hunted some "Highly Managed" places that would say shoot every spike you seen and every deer that doesn't have brow tines cause they will never be anything... Here's more proof that school of thinking is wrong!
Sorry for the off topic, definitely don't want to start that debate haha but just had to say it.

Beautiful buck, I hope you stick him!
I agree, we debated on the "if he walks by me" scenarios and agreed to let him walk. He was definitely a late brow bloomer.

Our property is full of spikes and 4 points this year. Guess we better start taking them out. I'll be back out in the a.m. gonna try and set up on him on the opposite side of the hill. At this point I just love seeing the pictures of him, keeps the motivation levels extremely high!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That old stud warrior is just plain old smart! Look how he's reacting to the camera! He looks as though he knows exactly what it is and is trying to figure out your next move! LOVE THAT PIC CUZ IT SAYS A LOT, IMO.

Hope you can get him! Good luck!