Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best Mobile Stand Setup

LonewolfNopack

The woods
We are setting camp one county south of you in Vinton county this weekend, but if the hunting is lousy I will stop by!! I got to hunt pretty serious this weekend because it will be one of my only opportunities to kill a doe and get some meat in the freezer. Would love to meet some people on here though.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We are setting camp one county south of you in Vinton county this weekend, but if the hunting is lousy I will stop by!! I got to hunt pretty serious this weekend because it will be one of my only opportunities to kill a doe and get some meat in the freezer. Would love to meet some people on here though.

If you don't have any luck, I'd be willing to give you a deer if I kill one.

jeremy44230

Medina County
I believe I will also be purchasing a mobile setup. Overall I like to Muddy Hunter Pro and the Muddy 20" sticks. I think the 4 shorter sticks would provide more options and height than the 3 longer set??

These set ups never appealed much to me, but I can't stand going on new land or with someone and having to find a straight, telephone like tree for my climber... I will likely sell the climber as I have not used it in a couple years.

I believe I will also be purchasing a mobile setup. Overall I like to Muddy Hunter Pro and the Muddy 20" sticks. I think the 4 shorter sticks would provide more options and height than the 3 longer set??
In my opinion three 32in sticks will get your the same height as four 20in sticks...From ground to first stick is about 2ft for me and then 18inch or so between each stick.....Many guys like the setup you mentioned above

The mobile stick an stand setup is just about the most versatile setup you can have..That being said,I sold mine because I did not have the free time to practice to be as proficient with it as I would like.....My buddy was looking for a budget and somewhat weight friendly mobile setup..We found him a Muddy outfitter lite stand for 80$ at BPS(15lbs stand) and a 4 pack of the New big game Platinum pro-x sticks for 100$ which is a 4 pack of 21in sticks that weigh 3lb each.....Now that is a 27lb rig,but 200$ or under is tough to beat imo....Another stick option is the 32in/3 pack of leveage sticks for 80-100$ which would be like 22-23lb......Either setup is 13-14ft imo..This is the cheapest semi-light option I have found

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In my opinion three 32in sticks will get your the same height as four 20in sticks...From ground to first stick is about 2ft for me and then 18inch or so between each stick.....Many guys like the setup you mentioned above

The mobile stick an stand setup is just about the most versatile setup you can have..That being said,I sold mine because I did not have the free time to practice to be as proficient with it as I would like.....My buddy was looking for a budget and somewhat weight friendly mobile setup..We found him a Muddy outfitter lite stand for 80$ at BPS(15lbs stand) and a 4 pack of the New big game Platinum pro-x sticks for 100$ which is a 4 pack of 21in sticks that weigh 3lb each.....Now that is a 27lb rig,but 200$ or under is tough to beat imo....Another stick option is the 32in/3 pack of leveage sticks for 80-100$ which would be like 22-23lb......Either setup is 13-14ft imo..This is the cheapest semi-light option I have found

I would agree. I feel I can get higher with a 3 pack of 32" steps. My first step off ground is roughly 24-30". I stretch mine to closer to 24" between sticks but I have long arms and legs. I just ran the math and 3 steps 32" each put me about 2' higher. I hate doing this on the website, as I am not here to push product. BUT. . . . if you want a price on Leverage sticks give me a PM. We have 4packs of the 17" steps in stock as well as 3 packs of the 32" steps. If you find a better deal elsewhere, no hard feelings. Like I said, I am not here to make money. However, you won't know we sell them if I don't mention it.

joejoe8

I have both a muddy bloodsport an a muddy hunter pro stand with sticks. I also have a lone wolf alpha an lonewolf sticks. If i hang an hunt the lonewolf will be on my back.

bassandbucks

I have the Lone Wolf Alpha and 5 sticks. Great setup! The key to this whole setup is the GEL seat! They call it a Custom Hunt Comfort Seat for $60. Best purchase ever!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Made the move and my Muddy Hunter climbing sticks will arrive Wednesday. I also picked up the backpack straps for my stand. I'm going to keep my el'cheapo Dicks $39.95 hang on special for now. It only weighs around 12 pounds. I'm not so concerned about comfort right now. I don't even use the padded seats, typically just sit on the metal frame... I will keep a pad on my mobile stand setup though. Prior to next season, I will upgrade to the Muddy Vantage, I believe.

Thanks for your help Hicks, but I like the Muddy features slightly more than the Leverage.

I am very, very excited about this purchase. I can see how this can make a huge difference to my hunting. At least I hope it does...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad you found something you like. You are welcome bub. Like I said, I am here to enjoy the company and atmosphere. If I move a product that is cool, but not the reason I log on.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm seriously thinking about selling my Lone Wolf climber and my Summit Viper climber.
I'd replace it with a Muddy Bloodsport and 4 20" sticks. I'm sick of hunting trees.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm seriously thinking about selling my Lone Wolf climber and my Summit Viper climber.
I'd replace it with a Muddy Bloodsport and 4 20" sticks. I'm sick of hunting trees.

I wouldn't sell both climbers. Climbers are MUCH faster. Many times I wished I had hauled my climber back. If you go to sell one let me know.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yes, keep a climber. That's why I jumped all over Kevin's at Strouds. I screwed up when I sold my Summit Goliath. There are times having a climber is the best option. I may only use mine once or twice a year, but it is nice having one available. You have sunk cost in those things. Sell the one that nets the most coin and keep the other for when it is the best choice...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Agreed. I use mine seldom. Ironically, with the curveball I received at the start of this season, my first hunt was in my climber. Just a nice option to keep around.