Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 weapons - Bow & Muzzleloader in stand

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Hello Fellas.

Here is a good one for you... Its muzzleloader season in Ohio. You decide to bring your bow with you in hopes of the deer coming in close, but if not your muzzleloader is next to you.

Is that LEGAL in Ohio???

2 weapons with you? And no, were not talking about the one in your pants.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Leave it to a branch of the NAVY to throw in that last statment! rotflmao

I was just reading the regs for that weekend and I didnt see anything that says you couldnt, just as long as you have your Hunter Orange on you should be good to go.. I was thinking about borrowing a buddys muzzleloader and doing the same thing but decided to just go with the bow.. Good luck!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Regs state you can only take one weapon. Two if you have a CCW. However you can't kill anything withe the CCW.

As for the early muzzy season it's doe only regardless of the weapon. You can take your bow but you still can't shoot a buck.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
7.Carry a firearm while deer hunting with a longbow or crossbow. Except as noted in No. 11 under “A Deer Hunter Can Do the Following.”

This is in the Deer hunter Cannot do section.
No matter the season your hunting if you take both this is what they are going to nail you with and their will be nothing you can do other then pay the ticket.

Last edited:

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Correct I saw this too.. Question is, if your hunting muzzleloader season can you bring your bow and shoot a deer if its close or shoot a deer with muzzleloader if its too far for the bow. Regardless if its a buck or doe.. that's my question....

I think you can only go into the woods with ONE weapon at a time.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Correct I saw this too.. Question is, if your hunting muzzleloader season can you bring your bow(Yes but leave your muzzy at home) and shoot a deer if its close or shoot a deer with muzzleloader (Yes but leave your bow at home))if its too far for the bow. Regardless if its a buck or doe.. that's my question....

I think you can only go into the woods with ONE weapon at a time.

Only 1 weapon to hunt deer with.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
thanks fella, I thought I was loosing it. Well l I just watch Hunting show, one of the shows the Druray's produce and they were hunting in Ohio and the guy dragged out his bow to hunt and said if I cant get em with my bow i'll blast him with my free TC muzzleloader... Crazy shit that everyday theses hunting shows I see them blatantly breaking laws and life goes on... free gear to these dumbasses for promoting junk.. just crazy... That's why I like this TOO cuz nobody really pushes their shit on people.

Last edited: