Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

crops coming off

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
beans were getting hammered on the way home today. By the farmers and the deer. Guy at work says he will be taking his off this weekend. And that a lot of the corn is ready to go right now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anyone notice the stink bugs swarming like mad. I bet I had 20 on my door here at home today. I've seen them in bean fields. Wonder if their is a correlation.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Noticed a few here and there Jackalope. Noticed the bees the last 4-5days more than anything. They have been everywhere! Crazy around here with bees lately.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I am surprised I haven't seen any beans come off in my area yet. All the corn is standing too except for one field had some silage taken.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The farmers have been hitting the corn hard here the last 2 days. there is hardly any left around the 2 farms i hunt. Things are about to get real!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ill be lucky on a few of my spots if the corn is down by december talked to the farmer yesterday said he has 200 more acres of beans too get off and wont pick corn til the beans have been dried he dont wanna run both dryers at the same time.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
One of my spots still has corn standing. But I think this could work in my favor, I have a stand in a 2 acre thicket with a honey hole food plot and it's surrounded by corn. If the deer want to browse then this is the closest place to do it.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
One of my spots still has corn standing. But I think this could work in my favor, I have a stand in a 2 acre thicket with a honey hole food plot and it's surrounded by corn. If the deer want to browse then this is the closest place to do it.

Yep I've said this for year, you want to be the guy who has the last bit of standing corn on.... but.... you don't want to me the guy that is surrounded by 700 acres of it :)