Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Drury Bros

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I really like Mark and Terry.

I was wondering tho do you think they ever get tired of shooting deer out of hunting houses of bean fields? Seems like they always wait till the end of the year, and kill a big buck or two over standing beans with a muzzy. I know it would take a lot for me to get boored, but shoot they have killed a LOT of big bucks!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I really like them TOO. I don't care for whichever show they have were it's all competition. That's a total turnoff for me. With the land that they have, I would imagine that it's their intent to leave some crops standing to bring in those big bucks, where they then can sit in a ( heated ? ) box blind & wait 'em out since a deer needs to eat early in that extreme cold. I'd do the same thing toting my mr heater with me. Knowing that there are big bucks there, I'd never get tired of it. Plus, with all the endorsements they have, they GOTTA do it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I really like Mark and Terry and their commitment to legal and fair chase hunting and filming. They do it exactly how I would do it if I had the money,land and time they do. The Kiskeys do the exact same thing and I don't blame them. They both hunt deer based on age and rack and are blessed to have multiple props in 2-3 states that they can manage and selectively harvest these deer on. If a target buck or two evades them throughout the bow and gun seasons what better way to hunt them by sitting in a toasty warm elevated box blind during frigid conditions waiting for ole slob to come eat standing milo,corn or beans they intentionally left up for that single sole purpose. Kudos to them and yes.....I'm jealous! Rotflmao

Plus the recon they run on all their properties gives them a huge lean towards success cuz they know which fields and or properties they are currently feeding on.

I agree with Kevin, the Bow Madness show isn't for me either.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When it pays the bills, you keep putting in the work.

I'm sure it has lost some of its luster, but they seem to still have a genuine love of the sport after all these years. Like Ric said, I would be doing the same thing if I had the coin and the ground. For guys like me who enjoy working the land as much as I do hunting the deer, I would be in heaven managing that much ground. My general opinion is that Mark loves that part as much as he does shooting deer and that maybe he just shoots deer because it is essentially picking food from a garden. I would see it as such if I was managing and manipulating ground to that magnitude. If I can get our entire creek bottom planted in food that will be there for muzzleloader, I'd have a similar kind of set up. I may only have 130-140" deer to shoot at, but it could seriously afford me shots every muzzy season and a decent buck and I do it from an elevated box blind. That is my 10 year goal for that bottom so my kid(s) can enjoy it. That is all inspired by seeing what Mark and Terry do. I've learned a lot from their videos about deer, but they really gave me a love for managing ground to the best of my ability...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No. I don't think they get tired of it.

I am certain there are probably parts of their job they grow tired of. I doubt shooting the deer is part of it. Maybe the weeks on end from sun up to sun down you don't see in the TV show is where they grow tired? I am certain there are times they go day after day sitting in those blinds. I would imagine they grow tired of that. Shooting the deer probably doesn't get old though. Being a multi millionaire wouldn't get old either.

I enjoy what they do from the food plots to stand set-ups to late season tactics. Just seem genuine and not that over the top acting you see so much these days. With the bean fields and shooting shack I'm sure they would prefer to take the animal from 20 ft. up dogging a doe but at the same time at the end of a long season I would be just like them sitting in a seat like that if I had the opportunity. Also gives them a good chance at a buck for a youngster or one of the ladies in their lives. I know guys that still go to the same shack year after year during gun season in Michigan and rarely get a chance at a decent buck, yet something still drives them to get out there and do it. I think we all know what it is....we just love this shit!! I think they are genuinely the same.

Honestjohn

Central Pa
I really enjoy their videos, even though they are a fantasy for a public land hunter like myself. I think what sets them apart, aside from their dedication, passion, even money, is that they come off humbly. That makes me root for them and enjoy their videos.... but I do agree that the competitive series is a total turn off.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Their competitive series shows aren't for me. I don't see a use for a 100 yd. dash with a blind.

themedic

OHIO
I know I'm tired of watching guys whack deer out of a plastic shooting house. Nothing like hanging on the side of a tree with all the surroundings and sounds all around you. Those videos in early october are always best. I love the hunt video where Mark killed that giant double drop he called Skyscraper, in the deep timber a few years back.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I really like Mark and Terry and their commitment to legal and fair chase hunting and filming. They do it exactly how I would do it if I had the money,land and time they do. The Kiskeys do the exact same thing and I don't blame them. They both hunt deer based on age and rack and are blessed to have multiple props in 2-3 states that they can manage and selectively harvest these deer on. If a target buck or two evades them throughout the bow and gun seasons what better way to hunt them by sitting in a toasty warm elevated box blind during frigid conditions waiting for ole slob to come eat standing milo,corn or beans they intentionally left up for that single sole purpose. Kudos to them and yes.....I'm jealous! Rotflmao

Plus the recon they run on all their properties gives them a huge lean towards success cuz they know which fields and or properties they are currently feeding on.

I agree with Kevin, the Bow Madness show isn't for me either.
I have to agree with you Bro! They have the late season to fall back on, when the shots with archery gear doesn't produce. I have to chuckle, when they sit there in that heated blind with a bean stubble field full of deer. 4 shooters feeding in it and then a Mack Daddy steps out at last light with a snow back ground at 150 yards. Life couldn't get much better! Lol.