Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

great weekend at farm-

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No. I probably would not shoot it. That is just me though. If I had one week to hunt? I might just shoot it given the opportunity.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
No. I probably would not shoot it. That is just me though. If I had one week to hunt? I might just shoot it given the opportunity.

you are right, I will have one week straight to hunt. I will also be hunting after thanksgiving, and again in Dec. So I will have time in the stand. I agree tho he just wont tickly my fancy! He is a nice buck tho, I bet he kicks some ass come rut! Stocky boy!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That all depends on if you want to fill a buck tag or if you want something bigger to hunt next year. Only you know the answer to that. Regardless, do what makes you happy!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That all depends on if you want to fill a buck tag or if you want something bigger to hunt next year. Only you know the answer to that. Regardless, do what makes you happy!

Very true. The thing is that gets me excited I normally dont have a good buck on camera untill mid Oct or Nov. To have a handful of deer on camera this early makes me just wonder what is to come here in the next month or so! I am excited to say the least.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Excitement is good. Expectations are not. I was in your shoes a few shorts years ago, so I know what you're feeling. I hope you stick a pig this year. Just be ever cognisent of the fact that nothing is a given in this sport. It doesn't matter how sweet your food plots are or how many big bucks you have on camera, this shit ain't easy. If you have the kind of deer juju that guys like me, Fluteman, Redcloud, Nayden and several others have, get ready for some ass whippins! Enjoy the process and don't get wrapped up in it emotionally like I did. It is unhealthy...

Buckmaster

Portage
Albert, I'm digging the bases on that one deer. He has tremendous potential if he makes it to see 2014. I'm guessing he could be 2.5. He's not maxed out yet and appears he still has room to grow.