Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

favorite place to put trail cams

thats a cool pic , im thinking of putting it out after deer season in an area that i know is loaded with coyotes , over a bait pile of deer parts, it wont help me much this year for deer hunting , so its just gonna be see what kinda cool pics i can get , then this spring im hoping to have a few more and i can go hard core camming , but there is alot of great info so far keep it coming guys

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
thats a cool pic , im thinking of putting it out after deer season in an area that i know is loaded with coyotes , over a bait pile of deer parts, it wont help me much this year for deer hunting , so its just gonna be see what kinda cool pics i can get , then this spring im hoping to have a few more and i can go hard core camming , but there is alot of great info so far keep it coming guys

Dude, there's lots of hunting left to do. I know you don't have a bow, but gun week is coming and Muzzy season is coming. Get that camera out there with some corn and you can get on the Dead Deerz Wall!

i hunt public for gun , and my inlaws for muzzy , i know theyre aint no deer at my inlaws big enough , its all meat hunting this year , if i happen to put bone on the ground ill be happy , but the private property i do have permission for has sticky fingers round it , so im waiting to put it out till after they have all gone back up to akron

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you've got a decent camera, facing it perpendicular to trails doesn't always result in worthless pics. You've got to cover as much ground as possible with them, like Jesse said. If you put it over intersecting trails, obviously one of the trails will be perpendicular. My Bushnell doesn't miss a thing... actually, with a 3 picture burst the first one is usually taken when all you can see is the deer's head and shoulders... it catches them pretty early. Probably due to the PIR range being wider than the camera field of view.