Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chased some bunnies today

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Woke up this morning too pretty good fog, decided too go grab the dogs and give them a workout.... Temps weren't as cool as I'd hoped for but not bad.... Went too a good area that Sam (CJD) and I have hunted in the past and dropped the tailgate and it was came on.... We didn't make it 50 yards and they were off.... Brought that rabbit around 5 times in the next hour and then they lost it as I think it finally found a hole lol brought them back too the truck, cooled them down some they drank a little water and off too the races again lol... Another 45 minute run that brought it by me a couple times but was too thick too see.... They finally lost track of it and I figured it was enough for he morning.... Two good runs have them a good workout and they'll sleep good tonight lol.... Got my permission slip signed by the owner and life is good lol.... Oh and talking too the farmer they took 5 yotes off the property last winter..... Good stuff..... Looking forward too November.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How are you feeling though? Dogs might be a little wore out, but was curious if the boat incident hindered you any? Hopefully not.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How are you feeling though? Dogs might be a little wore out, but was curious if the boat incident hindered you any? Hopefully not.

Slow and steady Phil lol.... Actually shooting the bow the day before put a hurting on me more lol..... Muscle spasms after waking up Friday morning but as long as I kept moving it wasn't too bad.... Just taking it easy and not pushing it too hard..... Dogs did the majority of the work lol.... But thanks for asking.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
You never got to see my new/old secret weapon I secured for our hunts from last year. Can't wait to show it off to you this year.
:smiley_bril: Your gona love it!

bluedog

How are all the rabbit hunters over here? Not too many tales being told yet this year I see. Just thought I'd check in and say hi. I've been running the hounds regularly and had a couple fun hunts since the season started. Lost my old beagle to kidney failure back in September so I'm back down to two. Hope everyone is doing well and having a fun season so far. :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'll be kicking rabbit season off around Thanksgiving. I've been too pre-occupied with deer right now.
Hopefully my fat beagle thins down quick.

X2.... Minus the fat beagle part hahaha.... Going to try and make it out this week, we'll see if it works out..... Going too give the deer another shot and see if that works out as well....

Sorry too hear of your loss Bluedog..... It's never easy losing a hunting companion..... Two or four legged.....

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Went out thursday down by jerry city and got skunked. Then again on saturday close to home and got one. Went out today and got one more. I usually wait for snow but not this year. Bought a benelli M-2 twenty ga. in september and it is a dream to carry. One man rabbit hunts with no dogs is tough going but it sure is a lot of fun. Good luck TOO you guys chasing rabbits!!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't been on a stalk for a long time, did it for years as a kid with a pellet gun and a old stick bow and always seem too have good luck..... Once we got the hounds it was game on lol.... Most of the time I don't even pull the trigger when I'm out by myself.....

Just like too watch the dogs work the track.....

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Daughters the only one around this house that still has a deer tag and shes at school. Looks like i will have to rabbit hunt till she gets home. Can't let this great november day go TOO waste!!!.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Daughters the only one around this house that still has a deer tag and shes at school. Looks like i will have to rabbit hunt till she gets home. Can't let this great november day go TOO waste!!!.

If I wasn't in the stand I'd of had the beagles out.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Work and home have been crazy but I still intend to get together J.
Hoping things settle down by the end of the year.