Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Drury Bow Madness

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Hey who's watching it tonight... Old Terry all pissed off sitting in the blind and his asshole neighbor let his 5 dogs with collars and e-collars run all over everyone's property running deer down.. They actually showed the dogs standing over a doe they trapped in the water and wouldn't let it out till Terry came over and dealt with the dogs.Wonder how many people would of blasted them.... that's a great topic... who would shoot the asshole neighbors dogs...

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
LOL.... Show just about to end... He's been hunting this nice 10pt and finally gets a shot at him and sticks him way too forward and get minimal penetration and probably hit shoulder bone for sure.. Sucks, we all done it but hate the big hurry gotta shoot a buck on film and rushed the LONG distance shot... Quick human shots old man winter.... JMTC

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I saw that on tuesday. I have let a lot, and I mean A LOT of dogs go. I never have shot one.

However, if it was my life to hunt deer like a Drury bro, and I owned a AMAZING farm and that kept happening. Something would be done.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wouldn't in his shoes either. Guess I would need to make the decision based on frequency and situation. No collars? Running all the time? Essentially feral dogs? This would change my opinion a bit. At that point they are wild dogs. With collars such as in the show? I would be on the phone, not the trigger.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I wouldn't in his shoes either. Guess I would need to make the decision based on frequency and situation. No collars? Running all the time? Essentially feral dogs? This would change my opinion a bit. At that point they are wild dogs. With collars such as in the show? I would be on the phone, not the trigger.

i agree, why kill them when you have the money to just buy the place and make the dog owners move elsewhere! hahaha must be nice!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
He would get lambasted for doing something like that, and his show and life would be over. As much as we would all like to do that he can't. I would def. be having a "face to face' with that neighbor though. I am sure it wouldn't be pleasant.

teej89

NE PA
He would get lambasted for doing something like that, and his show and life would be over. As much as we would all like to do that he can't. I would def. be having a "face to face' with that neighbor though. I am sure it wouldn't be pleasant.

x10000000000 he'd be a nobody so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

And to answer the question I wouldn't shoot the dogs. I'd be making phone calls, and then get the pound after em.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Are you asking if I would have shot them or if I would if I was him? Two different answers. It it were me, I'd have shot as many as I could have had it become a persistent problem. If I were him, I'd have handled it properly as I'm sure he did. My rule with dogs who run deer is pretty simple. If it has a collar, it gets a pass and I'll try to find the owner. If it doesn't have a collar and looks feral (you can tell most of the time if its a pet that got loose or a POS dog) I shoot it. I've killed two feral dogs while bowhunting over the years and I won't hesitate to do it again. One was a beagle that ran deer like none other. The third time I saw it chasing deer, it ran off the biggest buck I've ever had a chance to shoot and promptly ate a Muzzy 3 blade. The second dog was a giant mut of a dog that was terrorizing the neighborhood and no one knew where the dog came from. I was muzzy hunting and it came strolling through. 295 grain Powerbelts will knock a dog stone dead FYI...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
As a TV guy he has to be very careful. He can't take a chance and take care of it silently as our old game Warden always said.