Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Traditions Pursuit Ambush with 3-9x40 Scope Combo

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Yea, it's a tempting deal. I'd do it but I don't have the time/cash to buy it and unload the Genesis and then sight in the new T/C before season

good luck with that. unless you can find someone to buy it. I tried trading mine in, nobody wants them. I guess there is a reason they were only in production for 2 years.

Huckleberry Finn

good luck with that. unless you can find someone to buy it. I tried trading mine in, nobody wants them. I guess there is a reason they were only in production for 2 years.

Yea. I can't remember what I paid for mine, maybe $200 5 years ago? It's killed 1 deer and scared a couple more, so it's all good!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Yea. I can't remember what I paid for mine, maybe $200 5 years ago? It's killed 1 deer and scared a couple more, so it's all good!

Sounds about right, I got mine as a package deal with a scope and a bunch of accessories. think I paid $250

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
After looking it over, and over, and over again I went to the Sportsmans Den in Shelby today. Leaving me with a card is a BAD thing to do lol. Actually I did pretty good all things considered lol. The Muzzy was only $229

Knowing I needed to get a boatload of accessories since I did not have any and knowing that $5 here and $10 there adds up quickly I went with the Traditions Pursuit UL. It has the sights but also drilled and tapped for a scope if I decide to add one later down the road. Also has the tapered fluted blued barrel and not the nickel/chrome. A little over 5lbs I think I can track all day with this thing. I think it is about the same weight as my semi-auto .22 lmao.

Will be heading to the range this Sunday to see what she will do.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

FYI,

They didn't have anymore of the TC impact left on the shelves but one and I almost got it but it was 279 and with all the accessories would put me over my budget. I did hold it and looked it over really good. Dang budgets anyway. If I already had all the stuff I need and ONLY needed the rifle I would have grabbed it lmao.

Last edited:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
After looking it over, and over, and over again I went to the Sportsmans Den in Shelby today. Leaving me with a card is a BAD thing to do lol. Actually I did pretty good all things considered lol. The Muzzy was only $229

Knowing I needed to get a boatload of accessories since I did not have any and knowing that $5 here and $10 there adds up quickly I went with the Traditions Pursuit UL. It has the sights but also drilled and tapped for a scope if I decide to add one later down the road. Also has the tapered fluted blued barrel and not the nickel/chrome. A little over 5lbs I think I can track all day with this thing. I think it is about the same weight as my semi-auto .22 .

pointless without pics,

just sayin.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice! Hope it serves you well for many years and many deers!

Honestly, I will probably either sell it after this year and upgrade next year or in 2 years.
I only got this one for the entry to muzzy seasons. Never done it and want to try something new so if I like it then I will for sure upgrade.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Whatever works RC. If it is a stepping stone into another muzzle loader then it served it's purpose.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Whatever works RC. If it is a stepping stone into another muzzle loader then it served it's purpose.

Who knows, If I like muzzleloaders and like how this gun works I might just keep it but won't know until at least Sunday lol. I will post some picks from the range this weekend when I haul Dante along to coach me in the art of Muzzy shootin lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I got to head down to the range to try out the new muzzy today. I have figured out that it likes the 100gr load and does ok with the shockwaves but want to try a couple other bullets to see what happens. I also found I can only get 2 shots out of the muzzy before I have to clean it out when shooting the Shockwaves. I can't get the 3rd round seated at all with the triple 7 pellets. Might also try some white hots down the road but happy with today's trial run. Also found out that I shoot much better free hand then off a bench lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff! Surprised to hear of the better shooting offhand than using a rest. You must be rock steady bub. Keep enjoying the new muzzle loading experience!