Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Getting my daughters xbow season ready

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ok fair enough. Their plan is to use the Horton equipment to create a new line of crossbows under the Horton name. :confused:

Sorry of hijacking. I feel like an ass now. Rant over.

Yeah it does suck for Horton owners either way. They basically just bought the name...because the Owner of TP used to own Horton I believe. Wanted the name back and produce bows under that name if they want.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The Tenpoint will far out-weigh the Dakota X2 IMO. Before you buy a Tenpoint bow Ric, let me know...... I have one I'm gonna part with before long.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome outcome Ric.... Here's hoping a good season for you and the family.....

Mike why do you think ten point screwed over Horton owners????

Thanks J.

Mike, I know how you might feel man! I'd feel peeved TOO but it is what it is I guess. The nature of the beast...business Bottomline.

I will Rick, thanks buddy!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We had a family affair with the 10pt Saturday afternoon. Got my oldest out there and she shot 1 bolt from 20-30&40 for group. Here is her shooting from sitting prone position at the 40 yard mark.

Here is her grouping of the 3 shots.

My wife shot it from 20 and put two in the kill and then my mom had her chance to shoot. Here is my wife.

My mom.

My moms 20 yard shot(she was tickled)

No more practicing. We're all set for our first hunt(Karissa and I anyway...)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey thanks guys! Yeah, it was pretty fun cocking that thing and letting them shoot it. Now if I can just get the youngest to shoot the dang thing! Haha

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Great event having the family shoot!
Wishing yours the best of luck on that memorable first hunt/harvest!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We sure did Dick! My FIL's xbow has to be out of tune or something. If I had the time I'd shoot these 6 bolts through it and see if they pattern like this. Might do it after season or when I get time.