Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting With Another TOO Member

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
It would be a pleasure to hunt with any of the TOOzers. I unfortunately have not been able to make any of the outings due to my son's sports and me coaching but it is definitely on my list of to do's. Still trying to see if I can make the muzzy outing.
If I had to pick though
Rgecko - Had the pleasure of meeting him last year when he sold me a bow for my son and I could tell right away he is great guy
Jesse - From reading his post I am sure we would have a great time and I am always up for learning a thing or 2.
Brock - I really think it would be a blast. Hunting mornings fishing afternoons hunting evenings then Pizza. Heck I would even help in the shop. I also think our boys would have a blast together.

I could keep on going with reasons to hunt with everyone.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ive been to Strouds and I would hunt with anyone there and I think it would be a great time as far as Whitetail hunting, and this spring I got the chance to join Ron (Fullbore) on a great Turkey hunt that I will never forget. The one guy I probably envy the most, and would love to have the opportunity's with my son as he has his, would be Brock. Brock seems to be sharing his days either in the field or in a boat with Mason and that kid prolly already knows more about wildlife then I will ever know, I always get a big kick out of his stories and how Mason enjoys what he is doing with dad.
I hope to get to rabbit hunt with Cottis and J eventually, it was alway one of my favorites as a kid. I hope to one day hunt sheds with Ric and Ron TOO.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
After seeing deerjunkie's ground hunting video I think shadowing him on a ground hunting trip would be outstanding...I'll settle for the video footage for now though.

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Id like to shadow Rex during the pre-season for the same reasons as Jesse.

Same region i'll be hunting for the rest of my life and the dude is automatic.

Sign me up!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ive been to Strouds and I would hunt with anyone there and I think it would be a great time as far as Whitetail hunting, and this spring I got the chance to join Ron (Fullbore) on a great Turkey hunt that I will never forget. The one guy I probably envy the most, and would love to have the opportunity's with my son as he has his, would be Brock. Brock seems to be sharing his days either in the field or in a boat with Mason and that kid prolly already knows more about wildlife then I will ever know, I always get a big kick out of his stories and how Mason enjoys what he is doing with dad.
I hope to get to rabbit hunt with Cottis and J eventually, it was alway one of my favorites as a kid. I hope to one day hunt sheds with Ric and Ron TOO.

That is flat out flattering right there! It is true that I don't go to the woods or water very often without that kid these days. Heck, last night I used him to demonstrate to my neighbor what good bow-form looked like. My neighbor bought a bow yesterday and is starting all over after a 25 year break from archery. I've got a bum elbow and can't pull a bow, but Mason can! :)

I'm going to plan again to load up our beagles and make the bunny hunt this year. Having missed both of the first two is a shame on me!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'd like to finally meet JD and be his shed caddy one day! I'd also pick his brain as to why he puts his TC's in certain areas so he can look back at me weird and say, "huh.....cuz they walk through here!?!" His sense of humor and history with big buck pics,sheds and kills make me laugh and amazes me.

There are of course many others I've yet to meet in person but I feel we're as close as brothers and hopefully some day I can shake their hand and get to put a voice and a face with their names.

I'm just grateful Joe and Jesse started this virtual campfire of a website so's outdoors enthusiasts like ourselves can chat daily ,share info and build friendships. This place ROCKS!

Buckmaster

Portage
I would definitely choose someone in hill country like Jesse or Cottis and break away from the flatlands for awhile.

It's pretty funny.....

I hunt the hill country too and self proclaim that I'm pretty good at it.

I would love an opportunity to hunt that flat land western Ohio with 400 acres of corn with 50 acres of woodland strips.
It seems so easy from a hill hunter perspective. ie. fish in a barrel?

We should have a: Trade-A-Hunt. Our hill country for your flatland with corn.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's pretty funny.....

I hunt the hill country too and self proclaim that I'm pretty good at it.

I would love an opportunity to hunt that flat land western Ohio with 400 acres of corn with 50 acres of woodland strips.
It seems so easy from a hill hunter perspective. ie. fish in a barrel?

We should have a: Trade-A-Hunt. Our hill country for your flatland with corn.

Perspective is right. I feel they each have their own sets of challenges. Not starting a debate. Just saying, I hunted hill country for a week and got enough of a taste to know I would like to try it some more. You have topographical maps and saddles and ridges and such which look like a road map to us flat landers. I realize they are NOT necessarily the best road maps. Just funny how we as humans always want to try what is not readily available. If I had more land I could bring people in to hunt with me I would take you up on your offer Buckmaster.