Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting With Another TOO Member

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was telling Bowie the other night that we all need to get together and hunt the 280 acres this year, and hunt mobile every day. Set up 100y apart and figure that farm out. We may booger it up this year, but maybe we would learn something for the future!

Love it! :smiley_clap:

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
You know I would enjoy hunting with any of the TOO gang, we all have our strong points and there is a vast array of knowledge on this site, I would have to say if I had to narrow it down it would probably be Mrex or JD, there is alot of knowledge between them 2 guys, but like I said I would gladly share the woods with any member here, especially Mountaineer! rotflmao

ohio
I would say ric as well, he promised a reacharound on the hooveround lol, nah really I'd say the twins or hicks, I haven't hunted with anyone from too but I'd like too

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I would say thats a toss up.

1. Jesse would be fun, I drank beer with him before and had a good time. So hunting would have to be a lot more fun! Not to mention I think we seem to belive a lot of the same stuff. I think I could learn a lot from him.

2. Mike Rex, for obvious reasons, the guy gets it done.

3. Gordo met him, great guy, gets great pics of deer, kills good bucks, could learn from him and have fun.

4. Jackalope guy moved from a differnent state, found ground to hunt, seems to hunt hard, and is successful. I think I could learn a lot from him aswell.

5. Just about anyone on this forum. All good guys, and Ive enjoyed all my time on this forum.

Not orders in number I just like to organize my post so they are easier to read.

Diablo54

Outside
I'd like to hunt with mountaineer. I'd teach him a thing or two about how it is done the hard way.

In all seriousness I would have to go with ric or Ron. Two guys who are great hunters and they have an overwhelming respect for the animal. There generosity is amazing as well.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have had the fortune of having hunted with a handful of TOOzers also. If I had to choose anyone off the bat it would be Mike. We have talked a couple times about meeting up and it has never got to happen. It seems we have a decent amount in common and if we didn't get it done on the woods I know we could knock down some good beers afterwards. :smiley_clap:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If you had the chance to hunt with another member of TOO, who would you choose and why. Your choice must be someone you never spent time in the woods with.

I'd choose finelyshedded. I think he and I would have a lot in common. I gather this just from reading his posts.

I didn't see this thread till just about an hour ago as I was getting ready to leave work and head for home. Thank you very much for the compliment Dick and you other great guys. Dick, I'm positive we would have a great time hunting together whether we drew blood or even saw any brown. As a matter of fact I'd even be happy running a video camera for ya trying to get you killing "ole split ear" on film! Sitting with my brother Ron many times over the years were some of the most memorable hunts of my life because of the camaraderie and hushed chats we shared during the lulls of midday. Enjoying the hunt with a family member or a friend is special because it allows you to catch up with each other when all the stresses are gone and nothing else can disturb you unless the sheen of an antler,a flicker of an ear or the approaching sound of deer hooves puts both hunters into kill mode. The celebrations after a successful hunt with friends are memories we all wish would never end and listening to the hunt being told over and over as others join the gathering never gets old.

This has to be one of the hardest questions to answer for me. I haven't had the privilege to hunt next to any of our members other than Ron but I did join many of our great group of TOOzers down at Strouds last year for the bowhunt and had a friggin great time. I can honestly say so far that every TOOZER I've met to this point in time has exceeded my expectations in several ways. Their character and core values is off the charts and everyone of them are willing to go above and beyond to help others to succeed. There is humor and knowledge abound with this group and the guys know how to kill em,cook em,eat em then celebrate and drink afterwards.

I still have a lot of TOOzers I've known for awhile from just reading their postings that I can't wait to meet and the list just keeps getting longer with the newer members joining in the fray almost daily. It's been newer members like yourself who post up, contributes and shares your knowledge and past experiences that is the driving force that keeps TOO growing in the direction it was intended(a big fuggin campfire with great friends enjoying each others company)!

So I will just answer your question like this. I would be happy to hunt with all the main contributors of this site because they are just plain great people who share the same love of hunting and the great outdoors as I do!

On a side note, I urge everyone who hasn't been able to attend a TOO event yet to try and make one sometime. The friendships I've made over the last year are very rewarding and I look forward to meeting these guys during the next one to catch up and relax. I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed!

Thanks again for the kind words guys! Phil, I ain't gay! I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY:smiley_coolpeace:

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I read all these posts. Ric's post was genuine and true. It showed his soft side. Then the last bit had me spitting coffee on my screen!:smiley_crocodile:

Thanks Uncle Ricky! Cracked me up! I subtly slid it in there without much reference other than "soft hands". Hope you have a great weekend doing something deer related Ric!

runhunter

this post is a bit creepy, but somehow I can't resist... If anyone wants to adopt an out of stater, I can fax over the application today? I think it's only fair that I hunt with each and every one of you, just to make sure my choice of TOO chaperone, is the correct one. Deal? Ok who is first?

As most of you know, Milo is a hell of a guy. About 1-2 months after helping me through a few bow issues, and a change in arrow, the calculations etc.. out of the blue, he emailed me this week, just to see how the bow was shooting, if I got everything back to where it should be etc. I was surprised, but it's good to know there are still some good people left in this world. Most of them are just not in NJ..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I think you would have to gag FS to keep him from "you know whatting" you while hunting. Course I heard he was into that sort of thing ;)

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Too many great guys on here to choose just one. Since Ric and Ron's woods is crowded now, I'm jumping in with Fiddy Cent. I think Nickle and I share the same ornery personality and would have a friggin blast. We may end up in jail though.

Buckmaster

Portage
I'd like to scout and check some cameras with Rex, Medic, Kaiser, and Jesse.

Who I'd most like to hunt with would be Dannman. I'm sure we could fill a couple buckets. :pickle:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Way too many choices to pick just one.
I've talked to Beenie about going yote hunting with him but just haven't made it happen.
I've talked to Fred about visiting him and doing some shooting and seeing his pet herd but just haven't made it happen.
But I'd hunt with any of the brothers here - and I'd even bring an extra bucket