Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Live Hunt and Recap Thread: 2013 Edition

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's the thing. I really don't do much other hunting. And deer hunting is in my blood. It would have been over before it began. All that anticipation and excitement for season over in the first three hours with 4 months to go.

I completely get that Joe. We're just getting started, our best hunting is still weeks away.

Well I just tracked her and dressed her... She's a lot smaller than I thought.. View attachment 16212

Congrats Strizzi!

I shot a doe one year that was probably smaller than the family dog. rotflmao Sure felt good releasing that arrow, and I don't remember complaining when I had good eats on my plate.

teej89

NE PA
Had a couple walk thru at 6:45 could only see their silhouettes then they got to my right and winded me. Just had another wind me behind me too. Damn swirling wind is not acceptable, gonna give this area a rest for a while after today.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

Just had a 115 inch 8 stroll past us. We both let him walk. Go get daddy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I completely get that Joe. We're just getting started, our best hunting is still weeks away.

Congrats Strizzi!

I shot a doe one year that was probably smaller than the family dog. rotflmao Sure felt good releasing that arrow, and I don't remember complaining when I had good eats on my plate.

I misjudged that deer. I think it was because I was looking down on his rack and thought he was a different deer i had gotten pics of. Jd sent me a pic he had on his TC of him, i never got a pic of This deer. needless to say I'm back in the same stand this morning.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380455639.210267.jpg

Diablo54

Outside
I can hear deer this morning but I can't see them. Squirrels are barking so maybe some are coming from the direction that I can see. These leaves suck! Haha

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Congrats, Strizzi on your doe. Good eating right there!

Man, Joe! Sucks kinda, first day of season with a deer like that in bow range. He sure looks good at 140"? Tough, tough decision right there!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Congrats, Strizzi on your doe. Good eating right there!

Man, Joe! Sucks kinda, first day of season with a deer like that in bow range. He sure looks good at 140"? Tough, tough decision right there!

He was a bit more than that. :shakes head:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380457158.517765.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dont beat yourself up strizzi. My first doe ended up having buttons and a penis. Was still my first archery kill though. Lol

Congrats on the start of an archery career!

Nice stuff all around people!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had a couple walk thru at 6:45 could only see their silhouettes then they got to my right and winded me. Just had another wind me behind me too. Damn swirling wind is not acceptable, gonna give this area a rest for a while after today.

Sounds like you need to get a scent smoker.

teej89

NE PA
Sounds like you need to get a scent smoker.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380464551.139526.jpg

I have one lol I had the thing roaring with smoke this morning and I took it thru my hair and my jacket and my pants and and everything else I carried in. Probably 5 minutes of smoking. Should I have done it longer?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It works, but not all deer will react the same. I had a deer catch me moving yesterday and she went straight downwind of me. She was there for 20-30 minutes just walking around eye level and a little above me. She never did snort and her fawns never had a clue.

Did you smoke all your gear TOO? Showered? Clothes washed? Changed at your hunting grounds? Boots? You never know what they'll smell or see...