Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Live Hunt and Recap Thread: 2013 Edition

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Damn... I woulda busted him in a heartbeat & been chasing birds through January. Hope you'll get a crack a bigger one buddy. Good luck!

Congrats on your first doe Strizzi

That's the thing. I really don't do much other hunting. And deer hunting is in my blood. It would have been over before it began. All that anticipation and excitement for season over in the first three hours with 4 months to go.

Strizzi

Well I just tracked her and dressed her... She's a lot smaller than I thought.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380376221.618325.jpg

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Nice work strizzi, well done!.

Joe I'd have killed that one myself, but to each his own.

Had a doe come up from behind me this morning. straight down wind (scent smoker and evercalm) 15 yard chip shot....

let her walk.

have some family things to do. had an interesting morning, will update my journal later.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Size doesn't matter Strizzi! She eat great.

yeah that!

My first bow kill was also a small doe. This was when we still had to take them to a check in station to tag them. The girl at the station laughed and said "That aint much bigger than Bambi"

Damn that was a tasty deer.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Congrats strizi! Size doesn't matter man, that's good eating. It is an awesome accomplishment to kill any deer with a bow and you should be proud!

Beautiful morning and damn good to be back in the stand again!! Had a small 6pt. in shooting range, but against my better judgement let him walk. After not filling a buck tag last year, and not having an opening day archery buck notch on the belt , I'm to bout start my drinking for the day lol. I'm heading out to rearrange the freezer to make up my mind for the next encounter.

And damn Joe, really?!? Great looking deer there bud!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I ended up seeing two fawns, a doe from last years crop and a 2-3 year old momma. Heard what sounded like a bigger deer take a couple bounds and then it sounded like it was thrashing a tree. Never did see it though.