Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Live Hunt and Recap Thread: 2013 Edition

JPN

coshocton
Got here a little late. Had 2 does under my stand when I got here. I've seen 4 does and 2 small bucks already. Feels great to be in a tree again!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Either my jeep got broken into or I accidentally hit the panic button on my fob and it actually picked it up from 400 yds away. The funny thing is I can't get the fob to unlock the doors from 10' away. :what:

Ain't that a bitch..... Damn key fobs lol... Good way too funnel deer your way lol

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Change of plans this AM. Liz was sick the boy said morning is too early , so I came out to knock the rust off. Always rusty dressing in the field first few times. I was running late for the stand I wanted. So I ditched out at a closer one. Got in stand about 0645 , I've had 3 doe and a fawn come through. Levi my son gets the afternoon hunt today.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had a doe sneak in from behind at eye level and bust me moving. I was stretching my legs and she nailed me. I can hear her beating around behind me, so I'd say I see her again.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Beautiful morning from the stand. Can't believe it's here again. It's been too long of a wait this summer. Planter missed a row of corn about 15 rows in along the woods. Nice highway to get to the stand without being seen or heard along the woodline. Nothing so far but a masked bandit and a possum squaring off.. It'll get better around 9. This stand is hopping when there's corn in the high and low field.

Last edited:

Strizzi

Just shot my first doe!!!! She busted me but didn't leave, we had a stare down for 10 mins and she gave up and put her guard down broadside at about 20 yards. Now I'm just sitting back waiting to track her.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm not in the stand this morning because I have too much crap going on in about an hour, but I'm watching two doe feed in the field behind my house as I drink my coffee. They're about 150 yards away. If I just aim high I could give one a crack. Lol

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Just shot my first doe!!!! She busted me but didn't leave, we had a stare down for 10 mins and she gave up and put her guard down broadside at about 20 yards. Now I'm just sitting back waiting to track her.

:smiley_clap: Great! :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats to strizzi!

Had a parade of bucks come thru. 6 total. Sparring, browsing, just wandering around. Another nod to the Scent Smoker on this one. They were all around me. Shot opportunities at all but the one I wanted. Probably should have shot the old man of the bunch. Huge body, wide rack but wouldnt have gone 120" as a 10pt I dont think. A little bummed. Was really hoping there was a monster in the area who had been avoiding the camera. Nope. Just the 130 and under crowd. Lol.

Still a wonderful morning and witness of bucks.