Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Live Hunt and Recap Thread: 2013 Edition

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Up and drinking my coffee, should be in stand a hour before legal light. Gonna hunt the new property and see what I can learn about this place, just wanting to see some deer at this point and watch the sunrise from a tree stand.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Coffees brewing, English muffin in the toaster, and I'm about to take a poo and get dressed. Typical pregame for hunting. Feels like Christmas morning!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Been in the tree since 5:45. This young coon won't get away from me. Curious as hell.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got in about 10 minutes ago. It's a short walk in and the deer don't filter through until 2-3 hours after sunrise. Shooting light is supposed to be now and I can't see shit!

Diablo54

Outside
Legal shooting light and I can't see a thing. Damn hit and miss motor running on a well 100 yds away. I've never heard it up here before. Kills my chance of seeing any!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just leaving the truck didn't hunt this stand at all last season due to crop rotation. Need to give it a visual safety check and put another strap on it.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Been settled in for about half a hour took a lot longer to get set up than I thought. Still as can be absolutely no wind.

Diablo54

Outside
Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop boooooom. Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop boom ! Haha that's all I hear

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Settled in my new set I hung this year. Got in with little noise and everything went smoothly. Now I'm enjoying a red man an waiting on some Deerz. I actually hear walking as I type this goodluck fellas.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop boooooom. Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop boom ! Haha that's all I hear

As soon as it stops, I bet you see deer in 20-30 minutes.

I hear deer as well, but the canopy is supper thick. I can't see anything until I get some sun.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Used too hunt a property that it was on a timer.... Every Sunday morning @ 0500.... Deer get used too it and moved anyways....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Either my jeep got broken into or I accidentally hit the panic button on my fob and it actually picked it up from 400 yds away. The funny thing is I can't get the fob to unlock the doors from 10' away. :what: