Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Take a minute and just remember, 9/11

Ricer2231

Couldn't bring myself to put this in the good off lounge. Thoughts and prayers! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378893111.649155.jpg
God bless!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for sharing Don. You cannot take these burned images out of our heads. Proud to be an American!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
All those years ago, there were no words to describe my terror, anger, hurt, disbelief. Still no words 12 years later.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
There are certain moments in my life that I will not only never forget but I will also never forget where I was and what I was doing when it happened.
This is one of them.

God Bless America and our Troops.
Thank you all for your service.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I still think about that day quite often. I was a freshman in college and it was only the second week of school and it happen while in Econ 103, but I didn't find out until someone in POLS 101 said the World Trade towers "fell down". We had an eccentric teacher from the hills of KY that sent us all home once we knew what was going on. I was heavily involved in counter-protesting the anti-war protests that year. It was certainly a time in my life that I will never forget.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
This is a very tough subject for me. At the time I was already enlisted in the ARMY Reserves. When this shit went down, I was in Louisville installing an AC unit is some ladys apartment. We stopped working and watched her tv all day. We also helped ourselves to her fridge. The next day I volunteered at my reserve unit to help with Funeral detail. 2 moths later I said to hell with my Reserve unit and went active duty. 18 months later I was boots on the ground in Iraq for my first of 2 tours of duty. I survived multiple IED attacks, one that nearly killed me in the gunners hatch. When my driver ran over the IED and it went off, I didn't think I would see the sunrise just a few hours later. I finally made it home safe in November 2006 at the end of my 2nd tour. I thank God everyday for the life I have, the friends I have and my family. I would do it all over again if I had TOO. I love my country and what my Flag stands for. However, our government is completely full of ass backwards douche nozzles who only want to line their own pockets. When I got home it took quite a few years to get my shit together. I still have issues with my PTSD such as fireworks, lightening, thunder, being in large groups of people etc. That's when my best friend and now brother in law turned me to bow hunting. It has been a major help in dealing with my issues. Everyday I can make out into the woods is a damn good day.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is a very tough subject for me. At the time I was already enlisted in the ARMY Reserves. When this shit went down, I was in Louisville installing an AC unit is some ladys apartment. We stopped working and watched her tv all day. We also helped ourselves to her fridge. The next day I volunteered at my reserve unit to help with Funeral detail. 2 moths later I said to hell with my Reserve unit and went active duty. 18 months later I was boots on the ground in Iraq for my first of 2 tours of duty. I survived multiple IED attacks, one that nearly killed me in the gunners hatch. When my driver ran over the IED and it went off, I didn't think I would see the sunrise just a few hours later. I finally made it home safe in November 2006 at the end of my 2nd tour. I thank God everyday for the life I have, the friends I have and my family. I would do it all over again if I had TOO. I love my country and what my Flag stands for. However, our government is completely full of ass backwards douche nozzles who only want to line their own pockets. When I got home it took quite a few years to get my shit together. I still have issues with my PTSD such as fireworks, lightening, thunder, being in large groups of people etc. That's when my best friend and now brother in law turned me to bow hunting. It has been a major help in dealing with my issues. Everyday I can make out into the woods is a damn good day.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart DustinB! People like you are the reason our country is what it is today. I want to drink a beer with you some day. Piss on the terrorists! Spineless pukes just like our "leaders".

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

Thank you for yourservice! and I am glad bowhunting is helping you deal!

Ricer2231

Thank you. Any time you are in the Zanesville area look me up and the first case is on me. You're the reason we have what we have.