Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A room with a view

teej89

NE PA
man beautiful house! I love houses like that. The landowner of the property I hunt grew up in utah and CO and his dad built log cabins and they built this house their selves. Cut the trees debarked the logs laid the logs, even cut the steel plates for the trusses. Crazy beautiful. Hopefully one day I can have a trophy wall like that! Once again beautiful house!

Buckmaster

Portage
I always finding myself eyeing up old barns and churches. My vision is to convert one into a home.
It would be a very costly proposition but the outcome would be cool.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Dang. Very nice Mike. What's the total inches of antler on all those walls?

Edit: before you tell us, I want to see how close Ric & Ron can come!!

I don't know the exact gross scores but the total is over 5,000."

mrex

*Supporting member*
Awesome. That has to be the best collection in the state. Hard work pays off. Lookin forward to see what team rex does this year. Im thinkin its gonma be a great year for southeast ohio

The Byers family up in Ashland Co can pretty much match us buck for buck and two of the three hunters in their family are women. Adam Hays and Steve Pinkston have more B&C class bucks. So do the Eskers but they're hunting in some pretty special places...and no, I'm not insinuatiing that they're doing anything illegal. The vast majority of these hill country woodlands deer max out between 130" and 150" regardless of age or nutrition. I'm most proud of the fact that three of the top ten bow kills in the history of Athens County hang in our house including #1 with any weapon.

mrex

*Supporting member*
What's Mike's crystal ball forecasting for this year's Rex harvest(s)?
Have anything "hard" patterned?

We know of a couple good ones but no jaw droppers. There's at least 2 real good ones that should be out there somewhere but we've had no luck finding these guys early the past 2 seasons. I believe their summer range is miles from where we can hunt them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hahahahaha

4,856&3/8's gross rotflmao

I was actually pretty close considering I was being conservative! Hahaha

I added the rotflmao cuz I added the 3/8's....lol

I'd like to see Butch Todd's wall as well. Did you tell me he moved out of state Mike or did I hear that from Ron Perrine or someone else?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The Byers family up in Ashland Co can pretty much match us buck for buck and two of the three hunters in their family are women. Adam Hays and Steve Pinkston have more B&C class bucks. So do the Eskers but they're hunting in some pretty special places...and no, I'm not insinuatiing that they're doing anything illegal. The vast majority of these hill country woodlands deer max out between 130" and 150" regardless of age or nutrition. I'm most proud of the fact that three of the top ten bow kills in the history of Athens County hang in our house including #1 with any weapon.

Those are impressive numbers! Definitely something to be proud of on the Athens County numbers. The only stats I can tell you would be 2/2 of the bucks I killed were killed by me. lol

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Mike,

1. You have a beautiful home
2. I actually laughed out loud when I saw those pictures, not because its funny but just because of pure amazement!!
3. I gotta tell you, I never did get to meet you but you must be a hell of a nice guy. I never heard a bad word about you, which is surprising because "deer hunters" in Athens get awful jealous quickly.

Congrats on the home, and mounts. Hope yall slay them this year too.

Gordo

Athens County
The vast majority of these hill country woodlands deer max out between 130" and 150" regardless of age or nutrition.

The more and more I spread myself out through out the region running cams, the more and more that becomes apparent. The freaks do exist though, and its a great feeling just to locate one.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yea you know what im talking about....."here hold my beer, while I shoot at that deer"

Hey, don't be talking about us Athens hunters. Just because you can't drink beer and hunt doesn't mean the rest of us can't do it. You just gotta learn how to hold a light and a scoped rifle without spilling your beer!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hey, don't be talking about us Athens hunters. Just because you can't drink beer and hunt doesn't mean the rest of us can't do it. You just gotta learn how to hold a light and a scoped rifle without spilling your beer!

HAHAHHAHAHA trust me I hunted in Athens and Noble counties I saw the best road hunters around!