Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A room with a view

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Having stood there to admire those bucks and been in your trophy room, it is a thing of beauty for sure!

X2! The pictures are amazing Mike and thanks for sharing. To me, seeing those walls in person doesn't allow the pictures to do justice! You and your boys have accomplished something very special over the years.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
X2! The pictures are amazing Mike and thanks for sharing. To me, seeing those walls in person doesn't allow the pictures to do justice! You and your boys have accomplished something very special over the years.

Ditto!!!

I'd like to stop by again sometime Mike! I know Ron would TOO! That room looks like Derry's drying room but all the deer here are shooters....lol

What the most impressive thing is, they all came from the same area or small region of SE Ohio. That's damn impressive!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow! Thanks for the additional pictures. I do not envy your accomplishments. We all should have pride in the deer we take and congratulate others for their accomplishments. What I envy is the upbringing and knowledge you have passed on to your boys. My father was not a hunter. I envy your boys because they have had opportunities I did not as a child. They are very fortunate.

That said, you have had a very successful hunting career and for this I congratulate you.

Buckmaster

Portage
Did you ever figure out how many of those bucks are related, father/son, brother/brother, etc?

How rough is your heating and cooling bill in the barn/house?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is truly a thing of beauty Mike, and as others have said having seen it in person it just isn't the same as in pictures. Very well done sir, very well done.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Wow! Thanks for the additional pictures. I do not envy your accomplishments. We all should have pride in the deer we take and congratulate others for their accomplishments. What I envy is the upbringing and knowledge you have passed on to your boys. My father was not a hunter. I envy your boys because they have had opportunities I did not as a child. They are very fortunate.

That said, you have had a very successful hunting career and for this I congratulate you.

Thank you Phil. My dad also didn't hunt. I was lucky in that I got to know a couple veteran woodsmen early in my hunting career who helped me to cut years off of the learning curve...especially in the turkey woods.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Did you ever figure out how many of those bucks are related, father/son, brother/brother, etc?

How rough is your heating and cooling bill in the barn/house?

We have several sources of heat. An outdoor wood fired boiler, a gas fired boiler, wood burner and a couple gas log fire places. Our primary source is the outdoor boiler as we have an unlimited supply of wood out here. I own a Berea well here on the property that used to supply free gas but swabbing became too much of a head ache so I switched everything over to propane. Because the walls are solid and disected by barn beams not allowing for ductwork, we cool the place with built in window type air conditioners.

This was our house 30 years ago…

This photo was taken after the 2nd renovation about 15 years ago…

And this is the outside today. In the last 10 years we’ve added the detached garage with loft apartment and converted the 4th floor, (hay loft), of the barn into the master bedroom…the old master is now the trophy room.

Last edited:

mrex

*Supporting member*
That is awesome.So how many bucks mounted between your son's and yourself.How long were the beams on your big one above the t.v.

We've got 31 mounts in the trophy room...2 in the den and my boys have a couple hanging in their bedrooms. We also have several "on loan" at a buddies hunting camp. The main beams on the buck to the right of the TV are 30".

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Awesome. That has to be the best collection in the state.

Hard work pays off. Lookin forward to see what team rex does this year. Im thinkin its gonma be a great year for southeast ohio