Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cams that send emails

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Those cameras are the devil. Dang neared ruined hunting for me...
I hunted this particular buck extremely hard. He was the third deer that showed me just how bad at this hunting thing I really am and was the straw that broke this camel's back. I had a tiny, uncomfortable stand placed 10 yards to right of this camera. I had spent 12 hours in that awful stand the day before these pics were taken, and 6 the day of. After those 18 hours in the tree, and a full night of work between those two sits, I was ready for a nap at noon. About the time I got home and settled into bed, my phone went off. That deer is 25 yds and broadside from my treestand position.
I HATE CAMS!

Attachments

• p_000929.jpg
    p_000929.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 94
  • p_000930.jpg
    p_000930.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 92

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Those cameras are the devil. Dang neared ruined hunting for me...
I hunted this particular buck extremely hard. He was the third deer that showed me just how bad at this hunting thing I really am and was the straw that broke this camel's back. I had a tiny, uncomfortable stand placed 10 yards to right of this camera. I had spent 12 hours in that awful stand the day before these pics were taken, and 6 the day of. After those 18 hours in the tree, and a full night of work between those two sits, I was ready for a nap at noon. About the time I got home and settled into bed, my phone went off. That deer is 25 yds and broadside from my treestand position.
I HATE CAMS!
Wow Brock that looks like a really nice buck.I agree the cams can drive you nuts after awhile.I started with 6 this year and am now down to 3.Did you ever get a crack at that big buck?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No I did not. Karma did show me for the last time that I want NOTHING to do with this sort of cam. BEC was running tests on their cell base system at my hunting property. The guy that runs BEC came to my home just to go hunting for deer, any deer, and we were going to another property as I was in bad need of a break from chasing this deer. As we were getting our gear ready to go, my phone again dinged and the pre-dawn picture shown popped up. It is right under the same stand as the first set of pics. So, I felt I had to go give him another chance that day even though I would be toting Sean along - and he has a history of shooting some really, really good deer off my honey hole. I put Sean in a stand and went on to the one I wanted to hunt. 20 minutes after sunrise, Sean sent me a text to say he'd shot him. Somehow, he didn't kill it. The arrow's impact looked right as I have pics of the deer w a hole in him, but yet he survived. That was the final straw with me and those stupid cams! :)
If the buck I'm after is 300 yards away in front of another cam, I don't want a guy in Italy sending me a text telling me to check that cam... it's happened a few times, and I don't like it! If the deer I'm after walks by my stand right after I leave it, I don't want to know it! If the deer I'm after decides to make his only daytime visit on the one day I decide to sleep in due to heavy rain, I don't want to know it! Some things are just better left unknown for me!

Attachments

• p_000290.jpg
    p_000290.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 95
  • p_001076 (1).jpg
    p_001076 (1).jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 99

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
BTW, the daytime pic above is the deer mentioned. This was two days after he was shot, and he was chasing a doe. It is also the last pic I ever got of the deer. He was a transient buck, showed up on Halloween and ran the roost for three weeks or so before leaving. I have no idea if he finally died from his wound or just decided to go back home. Heck of a deer regardless.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Joe sorry to bother you but I never got a PM on prices. Tiny W2, Tiny W3, wireless email type.