Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cams that send emails

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Guys I need suggestions. I know some of you know a lot about this stuff.

I want a camera or two that will email me pics when they are taken.

Can someone give me good brands? I heard I just need to buy a prepaid card, and make sure my camera has cell service?

I should be able to do that on two of my plots. This living in Texas so far away is hard stuff!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is right up my alley. I have the original ScoutGuard 580M, the Lil Acorn mms which I had to go thru FOUR before the damn thing would work right. It has since gone kapooey in some aspects, so I don't use the mms function anymore. I did have the 2012 Covert Code Black & it was replaced with a 2013 model earlier in June when the original went kapooey. The 2013 model is now going kapooey & will be sent back tomorrow. For one thing, make certain you're gonna have good cell coverage where you plan to plant your cam. There is still Spypoint, but I have not gone that route. The SG is still working like a charm, but the pic resolution isn't good. Since then, those models have improved. There's also Uway. The best thing to do is go to chasingame.com. There are complete reviews & feed back of all cams. A MMS cam will take a pic, but it will need anywhere from 30 sec to a minute to write the pic to the card and send the pic, so you miss a lot of other activity. They certainly don't tell a good story of what's happening, but it's fun ... & can be quite a bit of aggravation as well.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What about Buckeye cams?

Mike espically since I now live in Texas, yes thats a lot of GAS hahaha!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Several buddies have the Covert Code blacks and love them. Great pics and can really tell you when to start hunting a particular area without pressuring it.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
What about Buckeye cams?

Buckeye cams can be set out and then all linked back to one base unit. Another friend of mine uses these.... runs 4 cams on his farm with the main unit in the barn where all the pics are sent too. He simply goes to the barn, pulls cards, and see what's hot and what's not. Catch with these is that they have to have a good signal to be able to send the pics to the base unit. He's had some trouble over the years and had to get several worked on.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Buckeye cams can be set out and then all linked back to one base unit. Another friend of mine uses these.... runs 4 cams on his farm with the main unit in the barn where all the pics are sent too. He simply goes to the barn, pulls cards, and see what's hot and what's not. Catch with these is that they have to have a good signal to be able to send the pics to the base unit. He's had some trouble over the years and had to get several worked on.

Not to mention that for the price of BEC you could pay a Mexican to go check cams for you. Lol.

I would definitely give spypoint a look. It wasn't long ago that BEC was the only person on the market doing wireless and cell. But there are plenty of other options today that are far cheaper. I might even know a guy who could get you some awesome pricing on the SP cams.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What about Buckeye cams?

I recently got a price on them. You have a computer with internet within a mile or two of the area you want to hang the cameras? If not you need the cellular package. I priced out a non-cellular system within the last month or so. You making good money at your new position? :smiley_crocodile:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Not to mention that for the price of BEC you could pay a Mexican to go check cams for you. Lol.

I would definitely give spypoint a look. It wasn't long ago that BEC was the only person on the market doing wireless and cell. But there are plenty of other options today that are far cheaper. I might even know a guy who could get you some awesome pricing on the SP cams.

Who has great pricing on sp cams?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I will check out SP.

From my understanding you didnt need to add another line to your phone anymore. Just buy a prepaid card for like 20 bucks, and that should last like 10,000 images?

Can someone clarify. Jackalope you seem to know you shit about this, help a brotha out!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Please Send me the prices on the wireless and Tiny3W.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jesse these 3g cams seem to be super great! Can you get me pricing on them? Either text me or PM me whatever works for you buddy.

I'll send them to you today. Had some things break at work yesterday and got swamped.