Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer calls

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Over the years I have ended up with several grunt tubes. Some are multi/adjustable, buck,doe and fawn. Some are specific doe or buck.

I was thinking of replacing them with a new one and was wondering if anyone feels strongly about one of theirs...

Any endorsements on deer calls?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I went back to the True Talker last year and don't see me messing around with any other calls. It was alway my favorite, but I tried some of the newer calls and just don't need all the bells and whistles.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Another vote for the True Talker. I liked it so well I bought a second one in their new version. Then decided to find some new old stock to get another one of the old style. I think I have 3 now because I found my original later. lol

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Does anyone know anything about the "Extinguisher Deer Call" made by Illusion Systems?
It was recomended by a fellow bow hunter I know but I don't know the call or company.

Thanks to all above for the names. I'll be looking into the True Talker and Beeners can as well.
(wait... that dosen't sound right. Sorry Charles.) :smiley_chinrub:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I really like the MAD Growl. I don't "growl" with it like it was intended for but I think the low guttural grunt I get with it is pretty dang accurate.
Someone bring a true talker to Strouds so I can hear how it sounds.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I use the Flextone Buck Collector. I'm not big on hanging a call around my neck and like that it's a short sized call that will do grunts and bleets and I can strap it to my arm. It will do snort wheeze too but I just do that without the call.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys for this thread. My well used call gave up the ghost last year and just stopped working.
I was at Rural King tonight and picked up a HS Slam Talker call. I must say this is the slickest call I've ever had and the easiest to use. Sounds good to.
Never would have known about it except for TOO.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Buck Roar from Primos. Like Ric I don't use it to Roar but it has a very low tone. I can also get it pretty load without it getting quacky sounding if I am trying to get the attention of a buck that is a couple of hundred yards away.