Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New hunting tower

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I cut the brush down in front of the new tower on the neighbors property. All honeyscuckle brush, some was 6" in diameter and 20 ft. tall. Opened the hay field up from about 5% to 75% view.
What a job of cutting it up to size to drag away. Cut a area 60X30. I'll take some pictures when the cuttings are removed. No reason for before pictures as it was solid green leaves.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Brush all pulled away today. Ended up with a brush pile 10 ft. tall 30x15 ft. and all honeysuckle. Windows and door tomorrow then it's finished.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Windows in and the door tomorrow and it' done. Probaly do a coyote hunt this weekend.
1st picture is overlooking my new food plot. 2nd picture overlooking the neighbors hay field. That branch in the windows is coming down.
Can't wait.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding! Happy to see you getting your setup dialed in before the season Frank. I want to see you smiling with your first archery kill this year!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys. It's been a struggle but the boys came through to put it up and I just finished it off.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Had my 1st deer sighting out of the new tower. I'm putting finish touches on the tower like 2 permanent tied down cables and a inside door latch.
About 4:15PM a lone yearling comes out of the corner of the hay field about 100 yds. away. It never paid any attention me when I was drilling in screws. When I seen it I stopped and sat and watched. It left and about 15 minutes another one comes out. I snuck out and it never knew I was there.
Kinda exciting.