Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Official Camper and Camping Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Get the specs and post them up along with some pictures.

That's a full plate brother, be conscious of the impact on buying a house. I would recommend finishing that transaction first before looking at a toy. A truck purchase will also impact the house accusation, just something to keep in mind.
It's a non-traditional purchase, so we're good.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pulled off a successful overnight last night for the first time with my daughter. Tracie said she all she talked about yesterday was going camping. I got home around 4 and we were at the farm by 5. Dad and I have been talking about making a permanent camp site near a big walnut down in our bottom, so we made it official and set up Big Walnut Camp on Wolf Creek. We hurried to set up camp, then we went fishing for a little bit, played in the creek, got a fire going and started dinner. My daughter has a thing for lights (gets it honest) and I found this headlamp for $1 at Wally World yesterday. She wore it all night! lmao

We cooked some hots...

Then we loaded up on the four-wheeler and went looking for deer. We "explored" in the woods, then made it back to camp at last light. My dad was there to visit, so we made smores. At 10, my daughter says she's going to bed and she was asleep within 20 minutes. We had to wake her up at 8 this morning! It was a fun time and it gave the wife and I some campfire time to discuss camping/camper. I'm going to need to change jobs again in the next 12-18 months, so it's something that will have to wait. A few one-night tent camps throughout the year will have to suffice for now!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Good stuff Jesse!

Made it to Boston, just shy of 13hrs and 800 miles. Gonna spend 3 days here then down on cape cod for 4/5 days.

Btw these people fugging suck at driving. If I had a V plow I'd shove them them all in a ditch!

Last edited:

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Anyhow made it down to cape cod 2 days ago, I'll take it over Boston any day. I do think we are the only straight people here, even all the churches fly rainbow flags.
The state park we are in now is very nice, I would take it over 90% of any I've stayed in before. Being no electricity and water keeps most away. All battery and generator power works for me.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
We spent Thursday-Tuesday at the Indian Lake State Park for Memorial Day, along with my cousin and some friends. We had a great time and excellent weather. I need to clear my phone off and get some pictures up, we have been having a great time.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I got my water tank setup complete over the past week as well. After going and looking at them, I ended up with a smaller 35 gallon portable tank. The 50 would have taken up more truck bed room than I was willing to give up.

Here is the 35:

Added some hardware for the ability to have a shutoff and attach garden hose:

Buddy gave me this pump so that water can be pumped from the tank into the camper if needed:

When the tank is full, I can move it around the bed of my truck without issue. I position my truck with the rear facing the campsite and it comes in really handy for filling up squirt guns, rinsing cast iron skillets and cooking utensils, etc. We stayed 5 nights over this past weekend and I ended up adding 15-20 gallon to our fresh tank to get us comfortably through the last day.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I got my water tank setup complete over the past week as well. After going and looking at them, I ended up with a smaller 35 gallon portable tank. The 50 would have taken up more truck bed room than I was willing to give up.

Here is the 35:

Added some hardware for the ability to have a shutoff and attach garden hose:

Buddy gave me this pump so that water can be pumped from the tank into the camper if needed:

When the tank is full, I can move it around the bed of my truck without issue. I position my truck with the rear facing the campsite and it comes in really handy for filling up squirt guns, rinsing cast iron skillets and cooking utensils, etc. We stayed 5 nights over this past weekend and I ended up adding 15-20 gallon to our fresh tank to get us comfortably through the last day.

Good looking setup Drake! Spray tank?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyhow made it down to cape cod 2 days ago, I'll take it over Boston any day. I do think we are the only straight people here, even all the churches fly rainbow flags.

Don't say that. Now Beener will want to vacation there from now on.
:smiley_crocodile:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
This past weekend at IL State Park marks 20 nights we've had the camper out so far this year. My wife and her mom took the boys this weekend as I was busy, so far getting a lot of use out of it. Heading Thursday evening to Huggy Bear Campgrounds over by Van Wert. Looks to be lots for the kids to do, so we are looking forward to the trip. Digging up some pictures now.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
This is a spot we like when it's not real hot out, due to the lack of shade. Plenty of room for the boys to run and not too far from the restrooms/shower house @ Indian Lake State Park:

Plenty of room to run:

Another view: