Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Waterfowl Chronicles

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got into a good field tonight with some buddies. Lots of birds in the area but we struggled to finish some. The groups were just too big. Ended up being a good hunt nonetheless. 12 geese and 7 ducks. Even had a flock of 10-12 woodies come buzzing in!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417045099368.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417045099368.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 103

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Got into a good field tonight with some buddies. Lots of birds in the area but we struggled to finish some. The groups were just too big. Ended up being a good hunt nonetheless. 12 geese and 7 ducks. Even had a flock of 10-12 woodies come buzzing in!
Sweet!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fuggin' A fellers! Wish I had better hunting down here so I could trade a hunt. Next year. We'll have a boat and I can trade river time for a change of scenery! Plus I can get people on birds down here when your season is closed and visa versa.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Fuggin' A fellers! Wish I had better hunting down here so I could trade a hunt. Next year. We'll have a boat and I can trade river time for a change of scenery! Plus I can get people on birds down here when your season is closed and visa versa.

You are welcome up here anytime man. Once you get your boat and get on the river, you will smash em. Guaranteed!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hit me up if you ever wanna hunt the lake Erie marsh or north zone!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice hunts guys ! I finally had a good hunt this morning after the last handful of hunts being mediocre. Hunted solo in a new spot

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpgimage.jpg

Today I was introduced to diver hunting by Mike (Longdraw) and had an absolute blast! It worked out perfect that I happend to be in the area he was hunting and he let me tag along. It was an action packed hunt like I have never experienced. These ducks are unbelievably tough and seemed bulletproof at times. They humbled me quick. It was an awesome hunt with a good group of guys. Thanks again Mike and I look forward to trying to repay the favor, although I won't be able to match that.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Whacked a couple greenheads this morning. After peeling one I thought I noticed the strange smell of tuna. Sure enough, this one's crop was full of shad. First mallard that I've ever found fish inside. I've heard they eat fish, just never seen it first hand. As you can imagine, it was not a very appetizing duck. I made sure to rinse it extra thoroughly. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417299765630.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417299765630.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 105

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
My buddies were all watching for pigeons after I picked it up ..lol .

Jimbo, think he might of been picking enm up at a warm water discharge . Can't believe he was packed full this time of yr .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddies were all watching for pigeons after I picked it up ..lol .

Jimbo, think he might of been picking enm up at a warm water discharge . Can't believe he was packed full this time of yr .
That's a good theory. Not sure where the closest discharge is but couldn't have been far. Nasty bastard was packed plumb full of em!