Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Number 1 and Number 2 hit list bucks....170's???

Big H

Medina
You better kill him soon before he drops his antlers. He is hurt. Look at his right shoulder. I have one in the back that dropped 3 weeks ago, he has a broken back leg.

Big H

Medina
Good call out, In the last photo you can see the swollen area.. maybe a slug or arrow too far forward.

I actually noticed it in the first few pics. It looks like a puss sac maybe, and he is actually pretty thin. You can see his spine in one of the pics.

themedic

OHIO
I actually noticed it in the first few pics. It looks like a puss sac maybe, and he is actually pretty thin. You can see his spine in one of the pics.

I noticed this also. I had a client shoot a buck on this property on Nov. 6th that we never recovered. He stated the buck got on him so fast that he never got to look or identify the buck. He just knew it was wider than his ears and a shooter. The abscess is on the side he shot the buck on. I wonder if it may have been this buck and sent him an pic and email. He said it could be.

I need a NE wind and we have a giant North Eastern cold front coming all this week:)

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
You better kill him soon before he drops his antlers. He is hurt. Look at his right shoulder. I have one in the back that dropped 3 weeks ago, he has a broken back leg.[/QUOT

Exactly!... I'm surprised he hasn't already...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No I'm stilling holding closer to 170. 6x6 with 7" of abnormals and a solid 20" inside spread

Don't mind me. I was never real good at this game of guessing inches. In fact, I was looking and seeing 5x5 so I totally missed it. Just gave it a quick glance.

themedic

OHIO
I'm pulling back on the reins for hunting this deer tonight. Although I really want to go after him, the WEST winds tonight will NOT work. So I'm going to hold out for tomorrow and the SE winds we are supposed to get. This cold front has got to have them moving.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice deer Corey, hope you get him! I see low to mid 160's. 163-165 gross. Nice mass and extremely symmetrical!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Man! I have really studied this deer! I just don't see 170" Corey. I feel very confident that this deer's right side will score in the mid 60's at best. Say 65", double it at 130" and give it a 19"-20" spread. I see 150". Maybe Iam wrong? Still a dandy buck and a shooter for most of us! Good luck!