Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice Roadkill

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well I found my deer I was going to chase this year.Guess I will have to scratch him off the hit list this year.

I know the feeling man. Lost a 180 class deer to a soccer mom in a minivan in 2008. It's a rough pill to swallow. Better to know now than not know for two weeks like I did he was hit on Halloween and I didn't find out until 11/15. The night before I passed a 140 class 10 at 8 steps on film because I was hunting a ghost. I spent 60+ hours in a tree those 2 weeks passing up 2 shooters in the process. So be happy you at least don't have to endure that torture!

Well I found my deer I was going to chase this year.Guess I will have to scratch him off the hit list this year.

Any idea how he died? I'm assuming it was hit by a car??

I know the feeling man. Lost a 180 class deer to a soccer mom in a minivan in 2008. It's a rough pill to swallow. Better to know now than not know for two weeks like I did he was hit on Halloween and I didn't find out until 11/15. The night before I passed a 140 class 10 at 8 steps on film because I was hunting a ghost. I spent 60+ hours in a tree those 2 weeks passing up 2 shooters in the process. So be happy you at least don't have to endure that torture!

That would be a kick in the junk! I guess that's why I am not going to say 'this buck only' simply because we have several other mature bucks roaming around and with the amount these guys are traveling it's hard to say who's freezer or car grill they end up in.

ohiobowhunter78

Well good news this isn't the deer I was hunting. He was seen on a buddy's camera 8/26 so he is back on the hit list. Its a shame that deer had to go out like that. I am amazed how close this deer is to the one I wanna get this fall.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well good news this isn't the deer I was hunting. He was seen on a buddy's camera 8/26 so he is back on the hit list. Its a shame that deer had to go out like that. I am amazed how close this deer is to the one I wanna get this fall.

Ohoooooo, you were thinking this deer in the OP was one of the bucks you were hunting on your hit list?!?

This deer was roadkilled down in Washington county.

ohiobowhunter78

Ya this deer is dam near identical to one me and buddy has on camera in are hunting grounds. This deer is in union county tho. Nobody said were it was found as roadkill. Ya I'm glad it wasn't up here.