Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

15th or 11th

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm choosing between the two for a personal day this year to hunt. Which would you choose?? Im thinking 15th because the moon.

.......I'm thinking you should call in sick and take both! :pickle:

J/K Jake, I'm hoping you get one down early so you don't have to decide. I'd prolly go based on the temps,weather,wind direction for your best stand then the moon. Both will be great days to be hanging 20 verses going to work though......:smiley_bril:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
If you honestly had to choose between the two I would go with the 11th bc of the moon. The 15th is a full moon which should make for decent midday movement if you sit all day but they could not show during the evenings until later also.....

Buckmaster

Portage
Most people don't take off during November at work.

I'm an exception.....zero time throughout the year.
2 weeks in Nov.
1 week in Dec.
I live to sit in a tree all day long when its 30 degrees and forfeit my Spring, Summer, and Fall while at work.
Do you think I have a problem?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I would go with the 11th myself.

2 weeks in Nov.
1 week in Dec.
I live to sit in a tree all day long when its 30 degrees and forfeit my Spring, Summer, and Fall while at work.

I do the same except I don't take a week at a time for most anything. I take long weekends starting opening day of bow up until just before gun lmao.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'd go with the 11th at this point. The moon will be rising @ roughly 2pm. Given stable weather, that should mean good afternoon movement. It rising a shade after 4pm on the 15th. They'll move, but may be after dark by the time they wander by. I'd guess the 11th to be the better chance for a shot. But, take both days if you can!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The iSolunar tables give the nod to the 15th and that starts a string of good days. However I'd take the 11th off because it has been a lucky day for me in the past...

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I feel the same superstition on certain days. November 5th has always for some reason been my hot day. The moon just has me fugged up this year.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Go with 11. It is a prime number. I am quirky like that.

I am like buckmaster in regards to time off as well. I have been working night and day and my only consolation is the hope that we are caught up on work by late October into November. Not saying I won't take some time off during the summer, but it isn't really time "away" as I am still answering emails and phone calls.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
2 weeks in Nov.
1 week in Dec.

Dude yer ate up.
but because its deer hunting that's ok

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck on you choice. Just think some day you will be a tired old broken down fart like me wondering if you will feel well enough to go out to hunt.
Life's still good when your above ground complaining about your many pains. LOL.