Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Food Plot Chronicles

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We have several quality plots going among the members here and several of us have shared those experiences in various threads. It is nice to condense information regarding popular subjects, so I decided to start this thread as a common place for us to share our annual food plotting ventures. Post up pics of your plots, let us know what you planted, and share whatever details you would like to share about you adventures in the food plotting end of things.

As most of you have seen in my hunt journal, I have 3 plots planted this year. The Corner Pocket plot and the Big Plot were both planted with a mix of oats, wheat, peas, and radish that I had blended by Merit Seed. The Runway Plot was seeded with Evolved Harvest radish/rape/triticale blend. All 3 plots have stands over looking them also.

Here is what things looked like at planting...

And here is 3 weeks growth...

The Corner Store Plot

The Runway Plot

The Big Plot

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Here's a couple of my recent food plot plantings.

Ladino Clover and Ladino with Appin Turnips mixed.

These were planted 4 weeks ago.

There is a ladder stand in the pine trees in the first picture.

Attachments

• Blonde Stand 2013.JPG
    Blonde Stand 2013.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 188
  • East Plot 2013.JPG
    East Plot 2013.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Tower Food Plot 2013.JPG
    Tower Food Plot 2013.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looking good and green Ben! Nice work!!!

Here are mine after 6 weeks of growth. I added a 4" fence post in the Corner Store plot so I could run a cam over it. This plot just screams "killing plot" with the corn right next door! The Runway and the Big Plot both look great as well...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Jesse you must have read my mind!

I am jonesing from not seeing my plots, and wont till next week when my uncle sends me pics! i was going to start a thread so i could see some plots!

BTW next time im back home Jesse I need to get a tour of your farm man, it looks beautiful! (offseason of course)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Things are really taking off and the plots seem to be getting some decent traffic! I'll start with a couple of looks at the Corner Store plot...

The Runway

The Big Plot