Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Fred Bear Black Panther Hunter Recurve

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Excellent condition Fred Bear Black Panther Hunter Recurve made in Grayling, MI for sale. My dating research puts it around 1972....$125

It has the raised coin emblem, Grayling, MI bear symbol and patent # under it on limb and a female threaded stabilizer insert

Specs:
Serial # BP02972
52"
45/50#

Located in 44826, will meet at a resonable distance. Shipping paid by buyer.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i know buckmaster on OS was looking for one. you want me to Pm him? also unstring that bow like that please

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Milo, ya that would be great. The bow was only strung like that for the picture. It stays off the bow, should it be in normal position all the time? I figured it would fatigue over time, so I unstrung it.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Milo, ya that would be great. The bow was only strung like that for the picture. It stays off the bow, should it be in normal position all the time? I figured it would fatigue over time, so I unstrung it.

you should always unstring your bow and lay it flat. no sense in stressing a bow especially older ones.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have my interest. Just not sure it is worth the drive even if we meet part way. You heading towards Lima anytime?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
You have my interest. Just not sure it is worth the drive even if we meet part way. You heading towards Lima anytime?

Hick, bow was spoken for late last night. If it doesn't work out for some reason, I'll be in touch. I have family/friends down that way, I'm sure I could arrange a trip if needed. Thanks for all the interest guys.

Buckmaster

Portage
Thanks 5. I'll try to catch up to on Sunday. I'll try not to do too much of this :smiley_adfundum: at the wedding the night before.

I look forward to sticking some bambi with it this fall.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Thanks 5. I'll try to catch up to on Sunday. I'll try not to do too much of this :smiley_adfundum: at the wedding the night before.

I look forward to sticking some bambi with it this fall.

Sounds good, like I said no hurry, it's yours so when you get it, you get it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad you made a sale with one of our own. There will be a recurve for me somewhere down the road. Maybe next weekend at Max's Flea Market and Water Dog Races formerly known as the Kenton Coon Dog Trials.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Gone, it was nice meeting you Ben. I hope the bow brings you luck this year and I look foward to seeing some pictures of those rage blades :)

Buckmaster

Portage
Adam,
It was nice meeting you. Thanks for nice deal. I'll be using Muzzies or Sonics with your bow. I'll email Coonie in a couple minutes to see what he needs to make me up 2 strings; now and then. As you well know,,,,keep it in the family. Good luck in the contest...I'm rooting for you.
Ben