Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

'Bout Damn Time!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Failure? Why? Because you work, your wife works, you have a new addition to the family, and a busy life? Failure because your cameras haven't produced pictures as early as they did in the past? Sometimes things just don't pan out like we want them to. You are good man. There will be more bucks to show up. Very happy to see you have Captain Jack still in the area. Wish you the best of luck arrowing him this year! I would rather see them from the stand than the camera anyway.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Failure because I own a hunting forum where my primary task is to generate content and nothing gets more bang for the buck than trail camera pictures of big deer. Pun intended. For the last 5 summers, I've lit it up when it comes to getting consistent quality pics of multiple mature bucks. Here we are at the end of August and these are the very first trail cam pics I've posted all year. Just not what I'm accustomed to...

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are far from a failure bro. Sometimes the deer just don't do what we think they should in front of the cameras. lol

I remember another forum owner (in another life) who never produced a trail camera picture. I don't remember him ever displaying a deer over 1.5yrs old either with his hands around the antlers. That doucher still had people frequent his site. You have him trumped by a long shot AND have created the best site a hunter could want to be part of. No offense, but I think you are being TOO hard on yourself. You are being your own worst critic. We know you have come thru in the past and you will come thru in the future. We don't come here for your pictures. We are here for the virtual campfire and atmosphere. Your pictures are indeed a bonus though. Hang in there. Captain Jack is around and I would imagine he will have some friends show up for you before long.

RDM

western OH
this is the year to finish the story. I would rather see pics of you with your hands holding his rack than trail pics of him anyways!