Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buying antlers?

Strizzi

Does anyone know of a good sight to purchase real antlers? I'm looking for a couple to use for rattling this year. Thanks!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm sure somebody here has an set. Hang around and I am sure somebody will chime in.

Where are you from? might have somebody close by that could help you out or get some to you to use.

Strizzi

I got some I'd sell. How big you want?

Im not sure to be honest. It'll be my first time rattling so ill need some advice. They don't have to be monsters but good enough to make a little noise with. What size do you think I should go with?

I'm from medina btw

Thanks everyone!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'd go with a nice 120-130" matched set preferably a 10 point with very short brows. Decent mass and length is all you need,IMO.
I'd pm JD and check on ebay and compare prices and shipping.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
What Ric says would work. I might even have a set even missing brows. But to be honest with ya a rattle bag works just as good and it isn't a pain carrying all the time. Put it in your pocket and go. That's what I do...

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
If you go with real antlers just take a sawzall and cut the brow tines off or you'll beat the HELL out of your fingers. 130" set of horns make some good noise but are cumbersome to carry at times.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Rattling horns are a must, in my arsenal. A rattle bag too, as JD carries will also work. If you do use real antlers, make sure they mesh well together. A matched set, as Ric said 120-130 do great!

Training wheels on JD's antlers....Rotflmao