Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Not so great night on the Ohio

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Man, that sounds like a trip! Glad you guys are OK. I would have soiled myself. the fastest boat i ever see myself in is the occasional pontoon, after hearing about this, I'll keep it that way.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Wow! I'm thankfull you and your son are OK. It could have been much worse so you gotta believe someone was looking out for you TOO!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks all, Tom you're getting too ate up buddy lol..... ORM took common sense outta the picture lol....

But you'll are correct that someone was most definetely looking out for us last night.....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Wow. Man, that's crazy J. So thankful that you and your son are all right after that ordeal. You guys had some guardian angels on riding out there on the water.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just got caught up here. That was a helluva trip and glad you both are ok J.

Buddy and his dad was fishing St. Clair on the Canada side for spring smallies years back. They was full bore going across the lake. His dad was sitting on the front deck as they headed to another fishing spot. Out of nowhere the motor caught a bunch of weeds and skipped the boat sideways. His dad went skipping across the lake like a skippin rock. He must have taken the first impact on his lower back leaving a big bruise on his back and bruised kidney's and pissed blood for a good week.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Glad to hear everyone was ok. I have had several close calls (at least they seemed close to me) when I still fished the tournament circuit but luckily nothing like that.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
WOW J, not a fun ride. I'm glad you both were OK.

What's the skeg look like?

I have the same fear on water as I do on a snowmobile. Love the thrill but those impacts live with you a llooooooong time!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
WOW J, not a fun ride. I'm glad you both were OK.

What's the skeg look like?

I have the same fear on water as I do on a snowmobile. Love the thrill but those impacts live with you a llooooooong time!

Not a scratch on it that wasn't there before Adam.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J, how are you feeling?

Thanks too Vicodin I'm doing okay Diane.... Thanks for asking.... Actually was worse yesterday than Thursday but seems better today lol.... Lots of bruising showing up and my right side is purple and a funny shade of majenta lol.....

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Thanks too Vicodin I'm doing okay Diane.... Thanks for asking.... Actually was worse yesterday than Thursday but seems better today lol.... Lots of bruising showing up and my right side is purple and a funny shade of majenta lol.....

Hopefully each day will get a little bit better!