Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This Seasons Main Setup

Was at my hunting property doing some final preperations today. Main objective was rangeing my two shooting lanes and putting out a new Trophy Rock. The new paint on my outhouse stands out pretty well in the green of summer. I'm hoping once the leaves change it blends in a little better. But, can you really hide somthing this big.
This photo is what the deer will see when approaching from my left.
Img_1099.jpg
This is approaching from my right. I added the two artifical Christmas trees for more
cover on this side.
Img_1096.jpg
This shot is looking towards the front right corner.
Img_1097.jpg
This shot is looking from my main shooting lane to the stand.
Img_1098.jpg
Next a few shots looking outwards, first dead ahead straight down my main shooting lane. The fella standing is my buddy he was the target for yardage marking today.
Img_1093.jpg
Looking right at my secondary shooting lane. This opening is a nine yard chip shot.
Img_1092.jpg
Looking to my right out of the porthole.
Img_1094.jpg
This is what my eyes will be trained on come this fall. I feel I'm in as good a setup as I can be as long as I have a W/NW wind.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I have very limited experience hunting from a blind, i guess I prefer the "birdseye view". I gotta tell ya though, after hanging that stand sunday, i was feeling my age. LOL.

You have good success from the ground?

Well, being handicapped climbing trees is out of the question for me. So all my hunting has been from on or near the ground. And yes, I've had good success. This stand was on a four foot platform with a short ladder until two weeks ago. I removed the base and put it back on the ground. I felt being up only four foot was worse than being low. I prefer to be as low as possible when hunting from the ground. I feel the lower I am the better I'm concealed.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I prefer to be as low as possible when hunting from the ground. I feel the lower I am the better I'm concealed.

I'll have to remember that when i decide to get more serious about a blind.

Good luck this season.

rooster85

Lake County
The blind is an old fiberglass portable toilet that I gutted out and added a shooting window and a couple of portholes in each side. I've hunted out of this stand for seven seasons, in a few different locations on my property.

Thats what i thought it was. Thats good thinking.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The blind is an old fiberglass portable toilet that I gutted out and added a shooting window and a couple of portholes in each side. I've hunted out of this stand for seven seasons, in a few different locations on my property.

That is some good shit right there. Sorry HT. I couldn't resist.

You aren't the first person I have heard of using these for blinds. They keep you dry and keep the wind off you as well. I have never hunted out of one, but this is what the other guys were telling me.

A TV might be a good idea. Reruns of Lee & Tiffany, without Lee! The best thing about this stand is that one can stand up and stretch while being undetected. Of course while sitting in my swivel barstool I do stay pretty comfy. The Buddy heater keeps me nice and toasty on those cold evenings in the late season TOO.

ELEVENPOINTER

That's a really great set up. I absolutely love hunting out of a blind and I can definately say I'm green with envy :)